New shooting representative body

Hi guys, I have just received details of a new representative body for target shooting in the UK.

National Association of Target Shooting Sports.(working title )

The aim of the new body is to bring together all 49 shooting associations in the Uk so as our fight to retain and improve our sport can be headed under one body as far as the government and the media is concerned. The aims of NATSS are this..

The top five benefits of this work are seen to be:

1. Improved representation with legislators;

2. Improved public perception;

3. Improved media relations;

4. Improved relationships and representation with UK Sport and other national bodies;

5. Improved strategic vision and direction.

The key strategic priorities for target shooting were identified as being:

1. Protecting the sport;

2. Repositioning the sport in the media and improving public perception;

3. Education – target shooting in schools and in the National Curriculum;

4. Widening and increasing membership;

5. Protecting the heritage of the sport.

If anyone would like to see the full brief and overview, please email me at bunnybasheruk@yahoo.co.uk

The files are too big to post in full..

Regards,

Grant..

Is this the deal involving the NRA and CPSA, Grant?

Yes mate. The NSRA too.. I have received a number of "acrobat" docs that would be too long to post on here.. If you want them, pm your email ady to me. :)

Grant

while being an eternal pessimist, I for one am pleased at this approach and look forward to developments.

Hopefully this is a major step forwards, I pray that tha "ego's" in the larger bodies see this as an olive branch for our sport rather than a threat to their reign.

Hell, maybe we will be able to own pistols again soon - nope given myself a slap and woke up :):)

Being a BASC member, i received in the post this morning an invitation to hand money over to BASC so they can achieve exactly what NATSS is attempting to do.. No doubt many of you have received the same.. NATSS is obviously about target shooting and not live quarry, however the basic aims of both are the same...

Too keep us all shooting.. Regardless of our quarry, paper or living... Perhaps they should should consider pooling resources??

I guess as its taken the target shooting organisations so long to realise that they need each other and then to speak with a common voice, expecting the live quarry organisations to join too, instead of going off at a tangent is a liitle too much to ask..

Time will tell....

Perhaps both quarry and target shooters should understand we are ALL target shooters.

Quarry shooters - live targets.

Target shooters - paper targets.

Same skills required, same disipline, same safe practices, same resentment and oppression from the government and "forward free thinkers" who now decree what you can and cannot do, despite purporting a free society.

Archived