New Schmidt

MartinB

Is anyone in posession of the new (i think) S&B with league leading light transmission at 96% (or so its claimed).

Just wondered how your getting on with it :)

Afternoon Martin,

Out of interest can you post a link to this please or do you know what the 96% 'is' i.e. 96% of 'what'?

I see these values pop up now and again e.g. the Swaro 5Xi carries in its technical data 90%. ( http://uk.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/x5-i-5-25x56-p-c20050702/x5-5-25x56-p-l-4w-p5191991. ) but no explanation of how it's tested, the next line on the 5Xi spec. 'Twilite factor' does specify ISO 14132-1 which is a start, until you realise this standard only defines naming conventions, no testing procedure :(

Cheers signed

'Interested of Bude'. :)

Hi Terry i'll try and source the link, i came across the specification somewhere recently after getting in from a late night sortie but can i find it now? Soon as i do i'll post it, i'm just into bright scopes and currently have a Zeiss Victory HT on my main working rifle.

BR

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Terry i'll try and source the link, i came across the specification somewhere recently after getting in from a late night sortie but can i find it now? Soon as i do i'll post it, i'm just into bright scopes and currently have a Zeiss Victory HT on my main working rifle.

BR

Martin

You will have to have very good eyes indeed to see anything better than the Ziess optically although I was very impressed with PM 2 when I looked through one all be it in very good light.

A

Archived