Rat Attack

Jinks

Got a bit of a rat problem on the farm this year, they seem to be immune to poison, (they've eaten through 3 buckets of the stuff to no effect on numbers) so I've dusted off my trusty .22 BSA Hornet to have a go at them.

I'm using tinned cat food as bait and waiting in ambush with the Hornet and lamp.

I've totalled 23 over the last three nights, and just got these three within the last 10 minutes...

Image055.jpg

Just goes to show an airgun has it's uses, ( allthough I wonder what a 50gn V-Max would do to a rat :lol: )

Jinks.

Got a bit of a rat problem on the farm this year, they seem to be immune to poison, (they've eaten through 3 buckets of the stuff to no effect on numbers) so I've dusted off my trusty .22 BSA Hornet to have a go at them.

I'm using tinned cat food as bait and waiting in ambush with the Hornet and lamp.

I've totalled 23 over the last three nights, and just got these three within the last 10 minutes...

Image055.jpg

Just goes to show an airgun has it's uses, ( allthough I wonder what a 50gn V-Max would do to a rat :lol: )

Jinks.

What prep (Poison) you using Jinks?

Hi Jinks.

I recently loaded a batch of 150gr .30-06 bullets for a farmer friend and fitted him his new Zeiss 6-24X56T Victory scope on the rifle I gave him.

He too has a problem with rats at the moment and after sighting in his new scope his first kill was a rat sitting on a trough up the field.

Since then he has had a two-for-one shot and now has 3 kills for 2 shots on Rats.

Normally he uses this rifle for Foxes and Deer but has not yet been out after larger game.

[slightly over-kill but very effective, also if he can zap a rat he should have no problems with the bigger stuff.]

HWH.

Best fun Zaitsev and I have had in the last couple of months was going after rats with the airgun. We got that carried away that we forgot we had to go rabbiting with the rimfires! Got about 50 over a couple of nights in a dairy farm... Seriously good fun! Next time I think I shall get the terrier along as well, to have a more 'rounded' approach!!

best wishes,

Finman

What prep (Poison) you using Jinks?

I'm using 'Tomcat 2 Blox', seems to be sorting out the smaller ones, finding them dead everywhere, but still loads of big ones around, saw one last night along side a wall and its body wasn't far off the length of a concrete block, minus the tail :ph34r: , biggest one I've ever seen, no chance for a shot though, but I'll be back tonight..........

Archived