Gun cabinet question....

parkyboy

Hi all....due to one of the children moving out and the other children moving into different bedrooms i have the chance of a small bedroom to be my dedicated gun room...it would mean relocating my cabinets which plod has seen and approved some 10 years ago...i think that i have to contact plod again to check the new location and fixing again but im not sure so could some one confirm my question please...cheers Hugh..

Hi all....due to one of the children moving out and the other children moving into different bedrooms i have the chance of a small bedroom to be my dedicated gun room...it would mean relocating my cabinets which plod has seen and approved some 10 years ago...i think that i have to contact plod again to check the new location and fixing again but im not sure so could some one confirm my question please...cheers Hugh..

If you ask on a forum like this, it will only be peoples opinion based on the requirements of their particular police force firearms dept, you would be best advised to ask your Firearms enquiries officer,

Adrian

You do not have to specify the precise location on your FAC application or subsequent renewals or variations. Where it asks where the firearms are to be stored the advice I was give and always use since then is to state "in an approved cabinet in a secure place to prevent unauthorised access."

I recently had cause to query a proposed new location because the guidance does say that the cabinet has to be fixed to the framework of the building and I need to fix a new cabinet to an internal wall so I contacted my FEO for advice. The moral is that if in doubt talk to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to talking to my feo today about moving my cabinets to another location in the house...in short its not a requirement for the feo to come out to check the cabinets fixing etc i just have to ring the force hq at middlemoor in exeter to say that they have been moved etc so they can update their records....Hugh.

Archived