£165 ASE Ultra North Star Proofed to .243 (or 223) 5/8"UNF

Really good as new, approx 20 rounds fired, I have now Sold the Rifle this was bought for.

£165 inc P & P & transfer to your RFD

ASE Ultra (25cal) North Star

Proofed to 243 win
5/8" UNF Thread
used on 223
Little used 20 shots MAX

Over Barrel type Mod
Original box & price tag
This is a stamped & proofed Moderator, many mods are sold un-proofed & 'should' be proofed if you wish to sell on !

These are Rock-Solid mods, I would have kept it,but it was on a Howa I sold, my other 223 has an 1/2" thread & Mod, and the gun that replaced the Howa ,came threaded M18 with a Mod, so I was snookered and could'nt use my Ase......Doh !

Incorrect.

Nowhere in the firearms or proof acts does it state moderators have to be proofed. They are not an integral part of the firearm.

Incorrect.

Nowhere in the firearms or proof acts does it state moderators have to be proofed. They are not an integral part of the firearm.

I think it's just good practice to have a proofed mod, as when you come to sell it the buyer knows it's been tested, and I would hate to think of the legal ramifications ,if there was an accident involving a moderator failure which was not 'in proof' , I think any insurer would jump on that as away to avoid paying a claim,leaving the owner of the unproofed mod open to a civil action and liability.

So buying a mod 'in proof' gives some peace of mind.

it may not be required in law as far as possession goes, but it's not against the law to cross the road without looking ! just better safe than sorry.

I'm sure the seller to you of an unproofed mod, will say it's perfectly legal, but what would they say if it failed and there was a legal claim ! I bet the buyer would suddenly find himself very ALONE !! lol

Any legal claim against the seller based on it not being proved would fail because it is not a requirement nor are there any standards for testing as the effects on them varies depending on the firearm it's attached to.

Proof houses have a tendency to stamp muzzle brakes that are fitted when the rifle is submitted to proof but it only means it passed proof on that firearm. You could fit it to one with the same calibre but a much larger cartridge and blow it to pieces. Same goes for mods.

Also it's Utra not Ultra. Sorry.

Will you accept £150 inc p&p for your ASE Utra .25 cal 5/8"unf sound moderator?

I'll send RFD details to you if my offer is accepted.

Regards

Thanks for the offer, I paid £300 inc postage for the mod, and I'm reluctantly selling it because as I said , I sold the gun (howa) it was on and bought a remmy ,which was a different thread & came with a T4

I've been offered £150 before,but it will cost me £15 to RFD transfer and I want to come out of it with a minimum of £150 after P&P, I just could'nt live with myself to get £135 lol

I need a min of £165 i'm afraid !

Regards

Mike

Will you accept £150 inc p&p for your ASE Utra .25 cal 5/8"unf sound moderator?

I'll send RFD details to you if my offer is accepted.

Regards

Thanks for the offer, I paid £300 inc postage for the mod, and I'm reluctantly selling it because as I said , I sold the gun (howa) it was on and bought a remmy ,which was a different thread & came with a T4

I've been offered £150 before,but it will cost me £15 to RFD transfer and I want to come out of it with a minimum of £150 after P&P, I just could'nt live with myself to get £135 lol

I need a min of £165 i'm afraid !

Regards

Mike

Any legal claim against the seller based on it not being proved would fail because it is not a requirement nor are there any standards for testing as the effects on them varies depending on the firearm it's attached to.

Proof houses have a tendency to stamp muzzle brakes that are fitted when the rifle is submitted to proof but it only means it passed proof on that firearm. You could fit it to one with the same calibre but a much larger cartridge and blow it to pieces. Same goes for mods.

Also it's Utra not Ultra. Sorry.

Are you a Lawyer ?

I put the Topic on 'FOR SALE' not 'general discussion ?

I dont think your interested to buy it ? and I'm not interested in further 'debate'

I think it's just good practice to have a proofed mod, as when you come to sell it the buyer knows it's been tested, and I would hate to think of the legal ramifications ,if there was an accident involving a moderator failure which was not 'in proof' , I think any insurer would jump on that as away to avoid paying a claim,leaving the owner of the unproofed mod open to a civil action and liability.

it may not be required in law as far as possession goes, but it's not against the law to cross the road without looking ! just better safe than sorry.

I'm sure the seller to you of an unproofed mod, will say it's perfectly legal, but what would they say if it failed and there was a legal claim ! I bet the buyer would suddenly find himself very ALONE !! lol

So, what about muzzle brakes ? Would you insist on having a muzzle brake proofed too ?

So, what about muzzle brakes ? Would you insist on having a muzzle brake proofed too ?

this Topic is in 'For Sale' not general discussion ?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived