Annealeez Case Annealing Machine Review

J0N

Hi,

I recently purchased an Annealeez Case Annealing Machine and have run a couple hundred cases through it now. I've done a short video review and demo, please see below. Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Jon

Hi Andy is that with the same wheels or do you have to buy smaller wheels to anneal 6mmbr because I can see the flame from torch burning the wheels or melting them due to 6br and 22br cases being so small and not over hanging front of wheel very much to be able to anneal them

Hi Andy is that with the same wheels or do you have to buy smaller wheels to anneal 6mmbr because I can see the flame from torch burning the wheels or melting them due to 6br and 22br cases being so small and not over hanging front of wheel very much to be able to anneal them

I managed to anneal both BR and PPC cases with the original wheels, a little care is needed. I've since got the smaller wheels which I'll probably leave on all the time as they seem to do BR, PPC, 22-250, and 6XC cases equally well.

I've also modified my machine slightly by taking the gas pipe out of the grommet and just letting it lie on the bench, I found there seemed to be a lot of tension in the pipe from the way it was fed around the machine which in turn kept moving the flame. I've also removed the nut from the torch adjuster at the back of the machine and replaced it with a large thumb screw which makes it easier to adjust.

Thanks Andy I thought looking at the machine it would be better with smaller wheels take your point with thumb screws that is why I fitted them to my annealing machine very easy to adjust I FITTED a little type of ramp bracket to move 6mm brass forward this way no wheel change needed.

Jon,

A good clear demo,with little superfluous waffle.

You can't cover everything,of course,but you might just add whether the documentation that comes with the machine(?) does so,and mention the small wheels-many potential buyers will be using cases shorter than 308. Why not give a ball park price-and/or the US one;just saying it's less expensive than some is a bit vague. But a nice demo of how it works.

gbal

Thanks Dunc - You're not the first person to say that, I'll reduce the volume of music on future vids. Thanks for the feedback!!

Jon,

A good clear demo,with little superfluous waffle.

You can't cover everything,of course,but you might just add whether the documentation that comes with the machine(?) does so,and mention the small wheels-many potential buyers will be using cases shorter than 308. Why not give a ball park price-and/or the US one;just saying it's less expensive than some is a bit vague. But a nice demo of how it works.

gbal

Thanks Gbal - Good points, I should have put a little more detail around prices and extra's. I try to keep the videos short as I find lots of the reloading videos on YouTube way too long. All constructive feedback very much appreciated!!

Just waiting for mine to be delivered now. Its cleared customs and my mats should have it in his hands this week...

We ordered a pair and it looks like the duty charge will be about £38 each from what he has told me. Will have an accurate price once I have it in my hands

I've ordered the full monty with all the different wheel options as I want to cover everything from .223/6BR to 300Winmag

Cant wait!

Mark

Im sure you will be pleased, Mine has done loads since i bought it, probable need somee new gas soon. Cheers Jon

... I've also modified my machine slightly by .... I've also removed the nut from the torch adjuster at the back of the machine and replaced it with a large thumb screw which makes it easier to adjust.

Could you please post pics of the mod Andy?

My machine worked out at £287 including postage/duty etc all in. That's with all 3 sets of wheels. It was ordered as a pair so we saved a few dollars on the shipping costs..

Had to tweak mine a little as the bottom roller was sticking but it was just a nut that had been tightened a fraction too far during assembly. A little grease just to smooth things even further and its ready to use.

Couple of quick questions for you Andy, where did you get the hand wheel for the torch holder from? Is it weird US pitch like the other threads?

And, how did you remove the gas hose, it looks like it was threaded through the gromit before being crimped to the end fittings...?

Looking forward to actually using it asap

Mark

My machine worked out at £287 including postage/duty etc all in. That's with all 3 sets of wheels. It was ordered as a pair so we saved a few dollars on the shipping costs..

Had to tweak mine a little as the bottom roller was sticking but it was just a nut that had been tightened a fraction too far during assembly. A little grease just to smooth things even further and its ready to use.

Couple of quick questions for you Andy, where did you get the hand wheel for the torch holder from? Is it weird US pitch like the other threads?

And, how did you remove the gas hose, it looks like it was threaded through the gromit before being crimped to the end fittings...?

Looking forward to actually using it asap

Mark

Hi Mark,

The hand wheel was one I'd had lying about for ages, most engineering / hard ware shops should sell them ( think they are called thumb screws?) it was a weird Americal thread so I drilled and tapped the brass bit that holds the torch to M10.

Have a look at the bottle end of the pipe mine had a small nut type connector that unscrews and it can be passed back through the grommet.

The mods aren't really necessary I just did them to make it a bit easier to use, not sure if I've made the warranty void but hey ho!

Thanks for sharing pics Andy

Gonna have a play with mine when I get back home this week.

I wasn't happy with the arrangement that holds the torch...

I'll have a closer look at the gas hose when I finish this block of shifts :-) I see what you mean about the tension in the hose affecting the gas torch. It seems a good idea to remove that if easily possible.

I did fit a small washer and apply a small amount of silicon grease to the head of the bolt that makes the shaft for the bottom cog, just to make it rotate smoothly and not bind as it was doing from the factory.

Pity the threads are all imperial US as metric would be so much easier to tinker with. The hand wheel idea is a good one, would only add pennies to the unit at point of construction and would make more straight forward to use, again a washer between the chassis and the bolt is a simple tweak that protects the powder finish...

It has a warranty???!!!

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I need a machine to anneal my rimmed cases ie 303, 577/450 etc, as well a more common varmint calibers. Has anyone tried this machine with rimmed cases?

Archived