How hard is it to order a rifle stock from America and the law?

Tubs

I would like to get a thumb hole stock from tikka performance in america, they said they ship to the uk but it would be best to get a customs broker as things will process smoother and it won't take as long, had a look online at a company called uk imports but i'm finding it very hard to understand so many regulations and laws. On the tikka site it says standard shipping is $9.99 but i could still be charged other taxes and i need to find out what the uk laws are for importing a gun stock but cant find any ,they keep going back to firearms regulations and laws. Anyone else out there got any experience they might be able to share please.

Importing here isn't an issue, it's the same as anything, customs may or may not hit you for 20%.

It's exporting from the US where the problems sometimes lie. Most firearm components are covered by ITAR and can't be exported without a licence.

If the performance centre are willing to ship then they either have a licence or the stock is ITAR exempt.

Either way, you face no consequences except for a possible import duty hit.

Have you considered Boyds, problem free ordering, providing its less than $100 (which standard thimbholes are)

Yes had a look on there site but its more than the 100 dollars and not so keen on the wide fore end prefer the slimmer fore end and a thumb hole, will keep looking for now thanks.

Archived