Rifle Cleaning - C2R Real World Review

So I took my Remington 700 - some of you may remember me firing some very dirty bangers down it - and cleaned it with C2R as a real world test. I should point out that I started this test when the rifle was already "clean" based on following the instructions on my previous cleaner "Forrest Bore Foam".

The results are somewhat enlightening - both in my technique of cleaning, and also how badly Forrest does what it is supposed to do, or doesn't as the case may be.

I've literally just finished writing it, so there may be mistakes, I will edit these, and if you spot any feel free to send me a PM letting me know but here's the results:

http://blog.stegough.com/c2r-cleaner-review-copper-and-carbon-bore-cleaner/

Hopefully this is useful to someone - I know C2R has been out a while now, but when I was looking into it myself prior to reviewing it, there seemed to be some question as to it's effectiveness.

Also, if anyone has any other tips for helping to clean, feel free to let me know. Cleaning is something that I've not entirely got a handle on since I took up the sport.

TG

Interesting write up.

Any empirical data on the shooting performance difference between what you initially thought was clean, and what you subsequently thought was clean?

I've literally just finished (30 mins ago?) cleaning with C2R for the first time - unfortunately it'll be a while until I'm out at the range, but I guess data about shooting performance would be vastly improved if I could shoot for toffee to begin with...

I went out shooting groups for batch testing the other day and off a front bipod only could only manage 1" groups - some interesting 3 shots, but unfortunately shooting position and mirage from suppressor let me down and opened them up to 1" at 100 (Minsterley).

It is certainly interesting to see the difference in what i thought was clean and then to see copper and a surprising amount of carbon to come out of the bore though.

Interesting write up.

Any empirical data on the shooting performance difference between what you initially thought was clean, and what you subsequently thought was clean?

Yeah, blanks don't copper foul the barrel nearly as much as real live ammunition

Archived