Lyman Turbo Tumbler Review

J0N

Hi,

I’ve made a short video of the Lyman Turbo Twin Tumbler.

I'm thinking about going down the wet tumbling route and am curious about your thoughts. Is it worth the investment to upgrade to something like the Frankford Arsenal Rotary Tumbler? Let me know what you think?

Thanks

Jon

I also just use a media tumbler and like you thought about going down the wet route but after weeks of pondering and talking to various people I decided to stick with the media tumbler simply because sparkly, shiny brass isn't necessary and IMHO does bugger all for accuracy.

I don't have great volumes of brass to prep so what bit of crap the tumbler leaves I can remove by spinning the brass in a drill with either 0000 wire wool or a crazy cloth. Others will disagree and will no doubt chip in with their thoughts.

I've just invested in an annealing machine which will improve accuracy rather than shiny brass as I say just MHO.

Good video by the way.

Jin, is the rumour true that you've been asked to stand infor Brad Pitt?

The case cleaning debate will run on for years, but I can't be arsed to go through all that cleaning stuff. Wire wool or nylon pad the necks to ensure the bushing isn't damaged, and to aid inspection, and clean the primer pockets is my regime atm. Within the limits of my ability I've not noticed any difference in accuracy between shiney and non shiney cases.

Good video though.

If you use the Lyman rouged media the cases come out much cleaner than that, almost mirror like in an hour and a half.

I'll check that out. thanks

If you use the Lyman rouged media the cases come out much cleaner than that, almost mirror like in an hour and a half.

I also just use a media tumbler and like you thought about going down the wet route but after weeks of pondering and talking to various people I decided to stick with the media tumbler simply because sparkly, shiny brass isn't necessary and IMHO does bugger all for accuracy.

I don't have great volumes of brass to prep so what bit of crap the tumbler leaves I can remove by spinning the brass in a drill with either 0000 wire wool or a crazy cloth. Others will disagree and will no doubt chip in with their thoughts.

I've just invested in an annealing machine which will improve accuracy rather than shiny brass as I say just MHO.

Good video by the way.

Thanks Andy. What annealing machine are you getting? Ive ordered an Annealeeze

Good video by the way.

Thanks Andy. What annealing machine are you getting? Ive ordered an Annealeeze

Jin, is the rumour true that you've been asked to stand infor Brad Pitt?

The case cleaning debate will run on for years, but I can't be arsed to go through all that cleaning stuff. Wire wool or nylon pad the necks to ensure the bushing isn't damaged, and to aid inspection, and clean the primer pockets is my regime atm. Within the limits of my ability I've not noticed any difference in accuracy between shiney and non shiney cases.

Good video though.

Thanks Mark

Archived