Ammo for Sako 75

I am shortly due to pick up a Sako 75 varmint in 22.250 and will be using factory fodder.

To give me a starting guide on the rifles ammo preferences, can anyone with some experience of this rifle tell me what ammo theirs likes and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Mike

Mike, it's a lottery I'm afraid, what your rifle likes my rifle may not ( Same rifle as yours ). Personally I would be looking at weights of either 50 grain or 55 grain ammo. I would buy a one box of each different brand and see what it likes best, it's not cheap but if you're lucky you will get it right first time and then perhaps the shop selling you the ammo will buy it back? if you're buying the rifle from them as well I would expect them to.

If you asked me too pick one brand out of the hat it would be Winchester 55 or 50 grain combined technology silver tips.

Thanks Elwood.... I knew you were going to say that !!.

I've 5 or 6 boxes of Remington Accutips in the cupboard but I bet it hates them. I was hoping for an easy option but you are quite right life ain't like that. However I will start with the Winchesters and of course the Remingtons.

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
I am shortly due to pick up a Sako 75 varmint in 22.250 and will be using factory fodder.

To give me a starting guide on the rifles ammo preferences, can anyone with some experience of this rifle tell me what ammo theirs likes and point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Mike

i tryed the sako 50grain game point the other day in my 22/250 and they grouped well

The round i found grouped well in mine and as well three other 22.250 rifles is the federal V shock. Blue box, 55 grain ballistic tip.

Ads

The round i found grouped well in mine and as well three other 22.250 rifles is the federal V shock. Blue box, 55 grain ballistic tip.

Ads

i wanted some of these to try but the shop had ran out of stock till next week :wacko: i will try once they get them back in

nostler make the heads for these so i bet they will shoot well. most fedreal ammo is cracking factory stuff

two lads i no use the 55 gr fedreal softpoints with cracking results :blink:

Archived