One special day varminting!!!!!!!!!

varminter

Went for a play with the 6PPC again on sunday afternoon even though the weather was still a bit drizzly :P

Had a couple of shots and missed on bunnies at 448 and 442yds and was wondering if i was trying to push this caliber a bit too far or the drizzle affecting the bullet path....

Well early evening came and the next bunnie was at 413yds , so i dailed in ( less one click for downhill shot ) and connected on the bunnie.........

Heres the veiw looking back to the jeep from where the shot was taken...............DSCF1320-1.jpg

We set up in another spot and i had spotted a bunnie at 425yds , so i dailed in drop and windage ( 5mph ) and was about to shoot when i heard a quad coming behind us!!!

I made the rifle safe and these two chaps that was riding the quad was out with a 22RF bunnie bashing . My mate told them i was about to shoot at this bunnie at 425yds and they did not beleave us!!! So we lent them some binoculars and guided them onto target.

Should of seen their faces when i connected , i think they are beleavers now...........DSCF1327.jpg

Now to the creme de le creme happened later.............

My friend jamie had spotted a bunnie 843yds away - a perfect safe shot and the wind had dropped to nil ;)

So we worked out the drop and jamie made the correction to his scope on his 308 parker hale target rifle and set up for the shot!!

3 of us was watching now...... Jamie fired and i watched the bunnie flip over backwards!!!!!!

One hell of a shot i was fortunate to witness and the two other lads was speechless with a experince we all will never forget ;) ;)

Think my mate jamie is still buzzing :P :P

Great company and one hell of a memorable day.............

All the best..................

RAY............................. :D :D

Guest 308Panther

Now, thats what I call Damned Good shooting!!!

Ya should have posted this one on the "Long Range"....

Two Thumbs...Way Up!!!

308Panther

My friend jamie had spotted a bunnie 843yds away - a perfect safe shot and the wind had dropped to nil :P

So we worked out the drop and jamie made the correction to his scope on his 308 parker hale target rifle and set up for the shot!!

3 of us was watching now...... Jamie fired and i watched the bunnie flip over backwards!!!!!!

One hell of a shot i was fortunate to witness and the two other lads was speechless with a experince we all will never forget ;):D

Think my mate jamie is still buzzing :P;)

Great company and one hell of a memorable day.............

All the best..................

RAY............................. :D;)

Well done Ray :P but a big well done to your mate Jamie, :D

Just goes to show you don’t need that £6,000 custom rifle with it’s wildcat cartridge to pull off great shots, all it takes is just a man that knows what he is doing. :D

B-b

Fantastic shooting Ray and a big thumbs up to jamie must have been a great thing to experience a shot like that

Thanks guys :P;) I shall send on the congratulations!!!!

With jamies permission i shall do a writeup on his rifle - i think you guys will enjoy it!!

My personal best to date is 642yds on a bunnie on the same day varmartin has a 624yds bunnie - the gauntlet has been set :D;) ;)

All the best chaps.............

RAY............... :P :P

it woudnt hapen to be one of you guys in the last varmint hunter mag is it with a 527 yard shot on a rabbit using a Tikka 6 br

Superb shooting, is Jamie a member of the Varmint Hunters Association. With the witnesses he can get into the 500 yard club and his piccy in the VHA mag :P

Cheers

Dave

Guest varmartin

A huge well done to Jamie for pulling off that shot, I spoke to him about it last night and he is still all excited :P .

Well done to you too Raymondo,...good shooting.

Myself and Ray are both members of the VHA, but i think it is a bit late to get in the mag.

As Ray has said --the gauntlet has been thrown, on wards to a 1000yrds....cant see it happening just yet though !! ;)

Some serious kit is needed to connect at that range, and i don't think my scope has enough elevation ;)

I know Jamie's M83 L1A1 7.62 Parker Hale ( I think that`s correct ??) has a 20MOA base so his optics are good to go ;)

Looking forward to Ray`s write up now...

Martin

bloody hell mate!!!!! that is one hell of a shot,,,, :P nowonder he is still buzzing, after a shot like that, i think you would have to pull me off the roof of your truck :P;)

now why can,t we have our own 500 yrd club patch?????????

just a thought :D you cornish lads are getting all the cake ;);)

all t he best from wales

darrel

As always ,thanks lads ;) ;)

Yes a superb shot and experince too!!!

Darrel our own uk varminting 500yd patch sounds interesting <_< <_< and by the way darrel -come down to cornwall and get yourself some cake buddy!!!!! :P

Now where are those 6.5-284 rounds :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best...........

RAY....................... :D;)

A huge well done to Jamie for pulling off that shot, I spoke to him about it last night and he is still all excited <_< .

Well done to you too Raymondo,...good shooting.

Myself and Ray are both members of the VHA, but i think it is a bit late to get in the mag.

As Ray has said --the gauntlet has been thrown, on wards to a 1000yrds....cant see it happening just yet though !! :P

Some serious kit is needed to connect at that range, and i don't think my scope has enough elevation <_<

I know Jamie's M83 L1A1 7.62 Parker Hale ( I think that`s correct ??) has a 20MOA base so his optics are good to go :lol:

Looking forward to Ray`s write up now...

Martin

Martin why would you want to spend lots of money on some serious kit as you put it when the rifle that Jamie used cost him just £150.00

I guess some can shoot with whatever they have and others just try to cut corners to be so good :lol:;););) and before you say anything about my shooting I will say it for you; Me I just know I'm shite so I don't bother but then I'm a hunter not a shooter :lol:

It's very true what they say about style, your born with it you can't aquire it........

The boy did good

Dave,

I agree, a great idea and an excellent goal for everyone to aim for (no pun intended).

Maybe some of the members who are artistic could lay down some designs, if we decide that its a goer there could be a vote for the best design.

I am sure we could come up with a criteria for the award of such a badge as well.

Ian.

Guest varmartin

The only criteria necessary could be...

1. You have to have a confirmed kill beyond 500 yards by one other club member, and be able to put your hand on the Varmint.

2. see rule number 1.

Note..no need to cheat as you will only be kidding yourself and not others !!

Martin

Gash I know........ but something like this??

3forumbannerio4.gif

Varmartin,

Excellent design, simple and too the point, would work very well as a sticker but may present problems embroidering a viable looking fox regardless of the modern PC controlled embroidering machines, unless the fox and cross hairs could be kept in silhouette.

Ian.

hi guys,

see us welshmen do have some good ideas sometimes ;):D

I can feel the need for a new gun coming on here :lol::lol:

26.jpg

all the best f2n

Great shooting guys.

F2N,

That looks like a chopped down AI - can you explain what it is please? Thanks.

Guest ade222
it woudnt hapen to be one of you guys in the last varmint hunter mag is it with a 527 yard shot on a rabbit using a Tikka 6 br

Hi Foxshot , that was me (ade222) , new member here ! :lol:

Yes well done ade222 :lol: Nice shot on that bunnie :D :D

All the best..........

RAY.................. :D;)

Archived