Vld seating die

Herbert2007

Redding sell VLD seating inserts (talk to Spud)

The ring on the bullet is normal and of no concern ..caused by seater stem as it pushes bullet down into case.....if you think its too severe check to see if yours has an extra sharp edge where it touches the ogive?

Redding sell VLD seating inserts (talk to Spud)

The ring on the bullet is normal and of no concern ..caused by seater stem as it pushes bullet down into case.....if you think its too severe check to see if yours has an extra sharp edge where it touches the ogive?

I had the same problem with 75gn Amax with an RCBS die, I emailed them and they sent me a polished insert at no charge which improved things, you can also try reducing neck tension to allow easier seating and so less resistance

I made my own vld insert as I was having the same problems with mine. Handy enough made and removes the marks from the bullet. Also light neck tension certainly aids the job.

• 6 months later...

Hi

I am getting quite high neck tension in 223 using a lee resizing die (I also have the neck sizing collet die but am sticking to full length resizing until i get a bit more experienced)

Is there a way to reduce neck tension using this dies (by setting up etc) or is it intrinsic to the die

My set up is a lee classic press that has done me proud for 38/357 and 308 but the 223 is a bit tight - leaving a ring on vld's and even the non VLD's scrape a litre going in

Archived