Warning Bars

Wsm

Due to the recent arguements that we`ve seen on the board just recently we`ve decided to utilise the warning level bars on the individual members Control Panels

This will enable the mods a more direct link when we need to warn anyone with the reasons without clogging up the actual threads

Thanks for your co-operation

Due to the recent arguements that we`ve seen on the board just recently we`ve decided to utilise the warning level bars on the individual members Control Panels

This will enable the mods a more direct link when we need to warn anyone with the reasons without clogging up the actual threads

Thanks for your co-operation

i do hope all mods are going to inform the person of there warning by PM not on open forum, and all so give a valid reason.

not i don't have to explain to you y i have done this.

after all this is a site to discuss things and of late we have seen people discussing things with no derogatory things being said but still warning issued.

seems strange to me, our have i got this forum wrong?? can you only pat people on the back and say what a great Job you have done there, you shot a rabbit at 100 y congratulations.

not what rifle are you using, don't you dear ask me what rifle i was using, are you saying i was not using the right caliber with the bullet not going fast enough. (that type of thing)

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

i do hope all mods are going to inform the person of there warning by PM not on open forum, and all so give a valid reason.

not i don't have to explain to you y i have done this.

after all this is a site to discuss things and of late we have seen people discussing things with no derogatory things being said but still warning issued.

seems strange to me, our have i got this forum wrong?? can you only pat people on the back and say what a great Job you have done there, you shot a rabbit at 100 y congratulations.

not what rifle are you using, don't you dear ask me what rifle i was using, are you saying i was not using the right caliber with the bullet not going fast enough. (that type of thing)

ATB

Colin :lol:

Colin,

All we have done is enabled a function ( warning bar ) for you to see. This is something that the mods have always been able to see.

With regard to discussions with no derogatory comments, there are many ways to cause people upset or grief without saying anything derogatory.

Certain topics have become beyond a joke with a few people going over and over the same old things which I know for a fact has caused one or two members to stop visiting or posting on the site for fear of being shot down in flames whenever they say anything - this is not acceptable .

Anyway, if you haven't done anything wrong you won't have a problem will you :rolleyes:

Guest wireviz

Also how long do warnings stay up because if you have no time limit you will have people who wont post for fear of being put off just because there opinion doesnt match that of others. Back slapping never helped any one discussion and controversy dose ALSO STAYING TO FACTS NO MATTER WHO THEY HARM THE TRUSTY SWORD OF TRUTH SHALL WIN OVER EVERY TIME. PS NICE TO SEE MINE AT ZERO :rolleyes: :

Tim,Gary

I guess a little further clarification is required.

I understand the need,but am not quite clear on them.

When I look at one of my posts I see 5 bars and a percentage.....Currently at zero.

What happens at what level of percentage?

Does one warning fill one bar and at 5 bars full its the Boot ?

What happens at warnings 2,3,4 ?

Thanks,

308Panther

Hi 308Panther,

Basically once a warning is given, a bar will light up and that equals 20% warning - hopefully we won't have the need to worry when 5 bars fill up !

Warnings won't be given for well informed discussion but will be given if someone who has reason to be in that discussion joins in just to be antagonistic - that doesn't help the topic and only causes agrovation. I am sure the moderators will use common sense and if someone feels that they have received a warning unnecessarily they only need to contaact us and it will be looked at.

Like I said on the previous post, if you haven't done anything wrong you won't have anything to worry about !

Guest wireviz

Like I said on the previous post, if you haven't done anything wrong you won't have anything to worry about ! Simple roger if you don't toe the company line your lights go out one by one. Garry and Tim play god on this one and if you want your lights back on you got to tonuge there ass or become an advertiser :D . Now if i am wrong it is only because the question was asked and wasn't answered :lol::lol:

Like I said on the previous post, if you haven't done anything wrong you won't have anything to worry about ! Simple roger if you don't toe the company line your lights go out one by one. Garry and Tim play god on this one and if you want your lights back on you got to tonuge there ass or become an advertiser :D . Now if i am wrong it is only because the question was asked and wasn't answered :lol::lol:

Gary & Tim do not play god on here, all the site mods are on the same wavelength, all we are trying to do is keep this site a pleasant place to be.

If you can't stay civil then your not welcome, and we are not out to get anyone.....(ok a certain person is not welcome, we know who..)

CCTV everywhere

42 days Lock up without charge

ID Cards

Neighbourhood watch

and now this :lol::lol:

Heres; watching me watching you :D:lol:

"Come on baby light my bar" should be our forum tune

Now before the Mods DO light my bar for this post,......... I'm only teasin y'all

If by toeing the company line you mean that you show the other members some respect without resorting to personal abuse and petty point scoring then you are quite correct Dave :D

Just for the record Dave there is a sum total of two members with warnings against their names and both of these were issued before we took over and one has since been reduced.Not bad with over 500 members and hardly what you`d call over moderation is it really :lol:

Now to answer your question there will be no fixed time limits and each case will be judged at our discretion (Admin & Mods together) just as its been from day one without any problems :lol:

Rogern

Theres a bar under your details on the left of your control panel.Your bar has a % count next to it.Your % reads 0 and none of the segments on your bar are lit

I hope this clears things up

Guest wireviz

Tim me and the mods will decided if a bar goes back on that's not a rule that's an opinion or opinions they can be swayed with cash or sexual favours not a good idea.

Now what i meant by toeing the line is that if any one speaks against anything on the site that has support they will be hammered i have been by pm i might add.

with regards 500 members that depends on if you cull off dead wood on a regular basis go into the controls you will see 200 + don't use the site and 100 = haven't posted more than 2 posts

Now any member starting with Barr's lit should be a no no every one should start on a level playing field .

Over moderation is not just done through lights lit etc but also back up posts from moderators and shutting topics down that are still active just because they don't toe company line.

That my alcohol induced post for the week end well maybe i got a day on the sauce tomorrow

:D you all roll on the rut

Guest wireviz

Why would you steel that idea John .Will it make you feel tough :wub: If you do use that idea do you have any way of putting back what you take off with out having to ass lick. :D

I'm a member of a good few sites that employ this method of control ( if that's the right phase ). Different sites have different penalties for reaching the 100% mark, some are banned/part ban/posting restrictions/total posting restriction/parts of the forum made invisible, what is the penalty on UKV ?

BJ.

I'm a member of a good few sites that employ this method of control ( if that's the right phase ). Different sites have different penalties for reaching the 100% mark, some are banned/part ban/posting restrictions/total posting restriction/parts of the forum made invisible, what is the penalty on UKV ?

BJ.

Joe

We won`t be publishing a list of penalties simply because every case will be judged on its merits.Hopefully we won`t get to that stage anyway but folks will have plenty of opportunity to state their cases if it did come to it

Dave

With you being one of those removed previously I thought you`d be one of the first to accept this more open method of moderation :wub: At the end of the day we`ve got a good site with a tolerant band of moderators who do a great job.If anyone doesn`t agree with our policies and the way we moderate its simple don`t log in :D

Guest wireviz

[sorry Tim i was removed last time at the request of James (kal) after i openly said that i thought dura coat was crap. Now that is my opinion nothing has changed on that one and you wont find me rushing to get a gun painted. I was offerd a custom rifle by Col 48 real cheap the problem was it had to be painted for some strange reason so i turned him down :D Some of us have principles. Yes you do run a good site but all that is being asked here is if you remove lights squares etc for any reason do they stay off or do they go back on and why would they be put back .What would one need to do ?

I dont want to dwell on this but some peoples opinions on why you should be removed get fogged when th other people are moderators or advertisers. :wub:

Pat

To address some of your concerns

I agree that the written word can be misenterprited from the actual mood of the poster and theres a few guys on here that come across as Hannibal Lecter(no link intended) but when you meet or talk to them are a totally different character.This is taken into consideration and you do get to know the posters style after a while.The problem occurs when the poster feels the need to turn the topic around to their pet agenda which is nothing to do with why the thread started with in the first place and has been heard 100 times before usually resulting in personal abuse and threats.

Now some of these topics have come up before and will come up again simply because theres no resolution to them and we`ve each got our opinions which might differ from the next man.We`re quite happy to see an honest debate on for example moderators but won`t allow past differences to cloud the water over which is or isn`t a good moderator.

The bottom line is we welcome free speech but the moment it turns personal,abusive or downright disruptive the mods will step in

As John points out everyone can see their own bars and warning page where everything is logged so there won`t be any chance of different mods issueing the same warning.If unfortunately we do have to consider action it`ll be a joint decision between all the Mods and not just the one involved in the warning

Finally as already said every case (if we have any at all) will be judged on the circumstances at the time and will have input from all the moderating team

Thanks

Guest rogern

IMO there was nothing wrong with the site as it was.

If someone got abusive the mods just stepped in and fired a shot across the offenders bows, it worked.

It now appears that beurocratic bullshit and regulatory red tape has worked its way into a private site which I presume was built for enjoyment, information and a healthy exchange of views.

Who needs it?

I wont post on this topic again, if I do I will get all my boxes "lit up" and then what.

Guest wireviz

Tim we are asking for is a level playing field no more no less and for subjects to judge on what people read or have real life experiences of . Now most times when arguments have broken out it is because people have a financial investment in a product or have a friend that dose. i DIDNT WANT TO BRING ROEDALE INTO THIS BUT THAT IS A GOOD EXAMPLE. Were people put friend ship over real life facts . Now Tim you have mentioned me getting banned but never stated why so that's was my reason for bringing it up because most people might think it was for abusing people :lol: . So i will go one step further i was also banned for saying the words to Pete lincoln. ( i wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him ). So when i say about the banned bars there is a very real concern that the truth will be hidden from the rest of the site because some one has an opinion that goes against the financial interests of some one.

THATS THE LAST I WILL SAY ON THE MATER AND IT WAS THAT IMPORTANT TO ME I USED SPELL CHECKER B):lol:

As a member on various sites and a Mod on here, this site is not as strict as others, and when someone posts something they shouldn't they get a warning and an explanation as to why, we are not just going to put a light on and not tell the individual why it has happened.

It seems that all this is being blown out of all proportion for no reason.

Everyone knows when they have crossed the line, and if you do expect the consequences......if you haven't then don't worry about the lights..

All we are trying to do is keep this site a pleasant site, we do not deal with a heavy hand as all the Mods communicate with each other, and we are lucky enough that we all think along the same lines, knowing when to step in and when to let it ride.

Some people have a direct method of getting there point across, while others have a bit more decorum.

So lets not get hung up on how the site is managed and just get on with what we enjoy, and that's SHOOTING B)

Archived