Rem 700 Police - DM Conversions??

mike82

Good morning Guys,

As some of you are aware I bought a Remington 700 Police in .308 a few weeks ago and after clipping my thumb on the scope rail for the third time in a row reloading I have decided that the internal magazine (BDL) is a right pain and has to go!

With that in mind I want to install a Detachable Magazine conversion, the stock on the Rifle is manufactured by H-S Precision and I was looking to get a H-S Precision DM kit however I cant get one in the UK (Brownells do have it at an extortionate cost).

Does anyone have any views of alternatives using the AICS/AI Magazines, (I dont really want to modifiy the stock if possible)? Or does anyone know where I could get a H-S Precision one?

Mike :D

There's several options to choose from, but the Tier One/Third Eye version has proven very popular.

And they are usually available, but you will need to modify it.

I am unaware of any non modification ones

There's several options to choose from, but the Tier One/Third Eye version has proven very popular.

And they are usually available, but you will need to modify it.

I am unaware of any non modification ones

Where can I buy one of those?

H-S Precision one I believe just needs a small bit of rubber knocked off (no milling work apparently).

Mike,

I've looked into this in some depth, without buying the expensive HS DBM kit you're stuck with one of the AICS type DBM, most of which are clones of the Badger Ordnance. (PTG, TET/ Tier one etc)

They will require some fitting of the stock, but do seem to be the way to go.

Not sure how much work is involved- as an example though I think most Gunsmiths in the USA charge between $50-75 to do the work.

Not sure how that translates over here though.

i fitted a third eye one to a wild dog stock.took me about four hours a pillar drill/dremel and a few hand tools,important thing is too get stock pilars the correct height or it wont feed from the mag.

Archived