Rongland 7x60 NV monocular

ergid

HI,I have been looking for a Digital NV monocular for a few months after my Pulsar 750 died on Me .

This unit will mainly be used by whoever is accompanying Me ,so did not want to spend a fortune nor to buy rubbish.

I had been toying with the new Pulsar 850 but it was to expensive .

looking on Amazon I came across this unit Rongland 7x60 for £300 .

It is slightly longer than the Pulsar and has a large 60MM Lens ,

pros - Picture quality is excellent due to the sony internals ,the picture is so crisp and clear due to its smooth easy focus.

x7 magnification ,

a massive 12 degree field of view compared to the 6 degree of the Pulsar

It does have a recording facility and you can take photos .

With a NM 800 IR I was able to see beyond 400y with ease and not just eye shine .

JUST £300.

con -you will need a big pocket for the unit or a strap.

the built in IR will only get you out to 60y

approx 1.5 -2hr continuous use ,3x 123batteries .

I compared it to the latest Photon tx 6.5x50 with a doubler the other night and the Rongland picture quality was x2 better .

This unit is worth a look if you are after a Digital NV spotter.

Sounds good but the 7x magnification would put me off. I currently use 5x and even then I often wish I had 3x so I could scan large fields faster. Shame as I like the sound of good clarity for £300 :(

Sounds good but the 7x magnification would put me off. I currently use 5x and even then I often wish I had 3x so I could scan large fields faster. Shame as I like the sound of good clarity for £300 :(

you can get a 4x ,6x &7x which has a 12 degree field of view ,what is your field of view on the 5x ? it has a much better field of view than the pulsar 38s that I use.

I use a NV monocular third of that 300quid with a t20 on it it spotted a fox for someone on here just over 400 see it as clear as anything. Never tried it with a t50 or larger but it does the job!!! Maybe screen may not be as good as that one but it's awesome and I only paid 65quid second hand, Bresser 5x.

I use a NV monocular third of that 300quid with a t20 on it it spotted a fox for someone on here just over 400 see it as clear as anything. Never tried it with a t50 or larger but it does the job!!! Maybe screen may not be as good as that one but it's awesome and I only paid 65quid second hand, Bresser 5x.

Hi,If you are happy with the Brasser that fine ,but over the years I have had a few ranging from Yukon Pro ,pulsar 750 and Luna-Optics-LN-DM50-HRSD-Digital- all were lacking in picture quality and a small field of view of only approx 5 degree .

I haven"t seen a Brasser in action so cant compare the units.

thanks for the reply.

It's not at all a criticism just an addition. I am very pleased with my unit for the money I paid for it and a

40quid IR torch to boost its performance...can't go wrong.

All the best

CZV

It's not at all a criticism just an addition. I am very pleased with my unit for the money I paid for it and a

40quid IR torch to boost its performance...can't go wrong.

All the best

CZV

No worries CZV,If your pleased with your unit ,everyone has their own expectation"s ,

All the best.

ergid

Archived