Just got my ticket back fron renewal today, was only away for two weeks so considering all the other horror stories I've heard recently about processing times with Police Scotland I'd say thats pretty good going!

Anyway I noticed it has new wording and now includes the words PRACTICE. Before I think it said something like "lawful quarry and zeroing" so any practice had to be done under the pretence of zeroing. I was speaking to one of the chaps at SACS earlier and he said they were involved in getting that added as before there was no allowance for practice. A little bit of common sense at last!

Anyway I hadn't seen any mention of it before so thought it was worth a mention. Maybe its old news, just makes me feel more comfortable after an extended 60 round zeroing session! ;)

IMG_20150604_174414_zps97mnykgy.jpg

Interesting - My FAC expires tomorrow* so I'm hoping (but not holding my breath) that the replacement arrives in the mail. I'll compare and see what they have to say on mine.

* Luckily my son's FAC duplicates mine thus covering the continued holding of all firearms if mine doesn't arrive.

I've just received my first FAC - couple of days ago

Mine just says zeroing on suitable land approved by ......

Maybe it represents a new 'easing of restrictions' but not here in Cornwall

Could be that mine doesn't say it because it is my first ?

j

Archived