finaly hit the three hundred

foxshot

I have been thinking about geting a pda & exbal for some time,so i finaly put words into action and bought a palm pda and with help from one of the lads on the site i aquired the exbal program (a big thanx to that man) anyhow it took a while to download it onto the pda as computers are not a thing i am very good with,i shoot some loads over the chrony and enter'd the relivant data onto the pda had a play about for a couple of days to get used to it,then decided to put it into practice yesterday. it was a great day not a breath of wind so this was a help ,got settled down and there were a few rabbits out to 170 and under,then i spoted one with the bins and ranged it at 262 yds enterd the data dialed in the result and aprehensively squezed of the trigger and was rewarded with the satisfying thud of the little 50 gr nosler hiting its target and was i chuffed or what first time i didnt use hold over,another thing that i was a little unsure of was the return to zero i dialed the scope back and ranged a couple of rabbits at the 150 mark and attempted a head shot as one of the lads i work with wanted some rabbits to eat no need to bother down it went, after a while i spotted one or two outside a set ranged one at 361 yds again the exbal gave me the info i dialed in and squezed the shot off and saw the strike just above its head and the little buger didnt move took it one click down fired again and was greatly rewarded with another kill and to say i was buzzing was an understatment :rolleyes: so how god knows how you lads feel shooting over 400 , i dont think i stoped shaking for ten mins eventualy steadied the rangefinder on something solid and confirmed the 361 yd shot,the result from using exbal 262,287,361 so thanx to the exbal i got my goal of a 300 plus shot plus on retreiving the rabbit it was only half grown ,shot some more rangeing from 57 to 177 yds, then waited till dark and had a bit of a lamp about a little to much cover about saw three fox's but couldnt get clear shots so no shots fired in anger at the foxs last night,but the day on the rabbits was well worth the traveling

picture042uq5.jpg the tools of the day

new goal 400

Congratulations Foxshot

Cracking shooting dude, glad it all went so well for you, dont think the 400 yard club will take you too long , sounds like you got the bug :lol::lol:

What calibre is the rifle ? Looks sweet :rolleyes:

Cheers Steve

Thanx lads

nemasis addictive i cant wait for my next fix

Steve the rifle is my 223 ackley and the more i use it the more i like it

Well foxshot ,

Well done buddy , i am so pleased for you!!! :D :D

A great read and some nice shooting too - with that quality of scope you have there , there should be no worries with return to zero!!!

Nice one buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

All the best.................

RAY..................................... :D;)

Just remember to make up a range card as well - the PDA is great, but if the battery loses life then your out there with no back up If you have the Tungsten (looks like it in the pic) it should last for a couple of hours before needing a re-charge.

Its yet to go down whilst ive been out as I always switch off bettween shots, but there always a first time eh?

Make a range card off the exba data and add in columns for 5, 10 and 15 mph wind deflection (or more) that way you should have all bases covered :D

Great shooting by the way :D

Nice one dude!!!!

Myself and a couple of mate have always used hold over,, (Mil-dots)

This year has been the first time that we have started dialing in,,,,,,

With the help of ronin and kal and a few others at some of the comps that we have done this year we have had very good results,,,

Like you said, Once past the 400 yard mark it is more reliable,,, And i hate to say it, But it is the dogs bits and bobs once you are past the 500 yard mark,,,,

We to have now got to get some gear sorted,,,,, As it is very addictive????/

So much to do,, and so much to spend,,,,,

Good write up and good pic,s :blink:

Rgds F2n

Archived