I've got two MDT polymer mags, both supposedly hold ten rounds of .308 but neither feed the first round reliably, you physically can't move the round into the breech - it's like the bolt's jammed.

Loading the magazine the tenth round is rally a tight fit.

With nine rounds in the mag they work fine but I wanted ten round mags...

?

Anyone had a similar issue, is there a fix?

The problem with the tenth round was well publicised by the makers MDT at the time of initial release. There was/is going to be a V2 of the mags with full ten-round capbility, but the original version are nine-round.

The MDT mags are physically shorter than either the AI or Ruger mags , I can only get 9 in mine , I just use them as 5 rounders . They both work well and are a lot less than the AI mags so I consider them to be a good buy .

:)

The problem with the tenth round was well publicised by the makers MDT at the time of initial release. There was/is going to be a V2 of the mags with full ten-round capbility, but the original version are nine-round.

It does beg the question why make or sell a nine round mag, what's the point?

I bought these mags some months ago and I used them for the first time on Saturday, not a particularly happy bunny having spent £70 on two non-ten round mags...

As previously stated, you'd have spent more on ten round mags which hold ten rounds. My only complaint with them is that they only hold rounds with a standard COAL wich is a pain in the posterior.

Personally I'd have spent the money. My shooting goes on tens, not nines and the object was to have a "spare".

"One on and one in the wash" - redundancy, in case of malfunction.

If I'd wanted two "fives" I'd have bought two fives and been just as disappointed had they turned out as "fours"...

I like to get what I think I paid for...

Great mag and mine seems to work from the 243 and 308 well, yes takes only nine but clatters less when hunting and weighs quite a bit less than a 5 shot aics mag if I remember right.

One drawback, COL is around 71.5mm if I remember right more than a mm shorter than the AICS.

edi

• 2 months later...

Oldish thread I know but I've just bought an MDT .223 mag and it initially wouldn't feed the first round and getting the tenth in was a pain.

It was a simple fix.

I took the magazine apart and used pliers to nip the spring at the two bottom most folds. Not so much that the fold was completely flattened, just enough to take a tiny bit of pressure off the spring and also give about 2mm extra space in the mag.

It now fills and feeds flawlessly in my KRG/T3.

I will try this cheers...

Oldish thread I know but I've just bought an MDT .223 mag and it initially wouldn't feed the first round and getting the tenth in was a pain.It was a simple fix.I took the magazine apart and used pliers to nip the spring at the two bottom most folds. Not so much that the fold was completely flattened, just enough to take a tiny bit of pressure off the spring and also give about 2mm extra space in the mag.It now fills and feeds flawlessly in my KRG/T3.

• 3 months later...

HI, I just picked up this thread - as looking for a soloution to the 10 Round issue in my MDT 308 mags.

MrCetirizine - how do you dismantle the MDT magazines? the screw looks like it should have a hex head but doesn't

I did get a bit better loading by loading the mags with 10 empty cases and then clamping them - using the clamp push the top cartridge off the feed lips and compress the spring. Left them for a week like that.

In CSR I have to give the mag a good whack in until you feel the 'click' on the closed bolt.

Still a pain tho.

All that is needed to disassemble the MDT Mag is a slightly pointed implement, the tip or a bullet works for example.

The implement is needed to push the small round tab on the bottom of the magazine in and allow the floorplate to slide forward and come off, then the follower and spring may be pulled out through the open bottom of the Mag. Then simply do the reverse to reassemble less the need to push in the tab.

Archived