Beam scale users - A new App

I know I'm not the only one who likes their beam scales, and I know a good many of you are using the webcam or smart phone trick to eliminate parallax error.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/07/monitor-balance-beam-with-magnified-image-on-smartphone/

I've now found an even better/easier way to get the same results. With a new free app you can now plug a $5 webcam straight into your tablet or smartphone which makes it very practical and cheap.

The app I use is "camerafi" for android but it's available for a few pennies for Apple users.

You can see it in action on my scales here:

Witch port would you plug your web cam in to on a iPad?

I'm an android chap myself but all you need is an adapter to accept a standard USB camera. Something like this I'm sure would do the job.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-in-1-USB-TF-SD-Camera-Connection-Kit-Card-Reader-Adapter-for-iPad-4-ipad-Mini-/360648225468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53f84f32bc

I will def try this web cam app

I like the pendulum type spring idea

Have you finished that anealing machine you were working on ?

I personally just use a magnifying glass at the front of the zero indicator works perfect that's not to say your system isn't good but you need a laptop leads camera and it is only giving same results or am I missing something

I personally just use a magnifying glass at the front of the zero indicator works perfect that's not to say your system isn't good but you need a laptop leads camera and it is only giving same results or am I missing something

i do this too but you still need to make sure you look square on to the scales.just downloaded the app just need to find the camera i got to do the same jod on the laptop but never got round to using

Archived