S&B PM2 on sako 75 action

Any thoughts on the best way to mount a 5-25 PM2 onto my .204 Sako 75?? Currently using third eye mounts with two piece interference fit picatinny rail adaptor but the bloody thing is useless (two incidents with zero being lost due to a knock).

I was considering 34mm optilocks but see these don't have the polymer inserts so I would worry that without lapping the rings I was stressing the scope body.

If I have a smith fit a rail is the bloody thing going to be 3 foot high?? This seems the natural way to go but every one I have ever seen adds 1/4" to the height of the set up. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Been there! I ended up with the low 34mm rings on bases and no issues to date.

If you can find your way through the site, I believe recknagel offer an option.

Good luck.

I'll eventually get mine fitted with a rail by Neil McKillop, currently I have the two piece picatinny base.

There are a few pictures floating around the web, and his rail doesn't look any higher than the Third Eye interference fit rails?

FWIW I did have some zero troubles at first, but fitting the rails a little tighter on the dovetails seemed to fix it

Thanks guys, appreciate all the responses. Will have a chat with my 'smith about a 20 moa rail. Would love to see a photo of yours Orka, just worried about more height over the bore with head position etc.

Archived