The (nearly) naked varmint hunter!

17 Rem

Well, the wife's away this weekend, so I managed a spot of zeroing this morning before spending a few hours tidying the garden at our new house, which is pretty much still a building site. I shot a pigeon with the .22 before a most satisfying 175ish yard crow with the Sako 75 .17 Rem in the field behind the house. Went back home then for pigeon breast and roe venison kebabs. I then went to check my Dad's house was O.K. as he's away this week and took a change of clothes and the .22 so I could shower and wait for a fox whilst there as I regularly bait the field behind his house.

I threw a few bits of mouldy bacon into the field before going in for a shower. I looked out of the window as soon as I'd showered, no fox yet, but as soon as I'd had a shave and put my boxers on, a vixen was nose down in the grass. She stood motionless and broadside on, so an Eley subsonic to the side of the head followed. She dropped instantly, bacon still between her teeth, just 25 yards away.

Not sure if white Calvin Kleins are usual cammo for anyone elses varminting expeditions, but they worked for me tonight!

Nice one rem, a couple of years ago I got woken one summer morning by crows allaround my house, the silage had been cut the day before in front of my house and the crows were all over my yard this was at about 5am so out I goes with the air rifle in my boxers and bare feet, managed to get quite a few of them before they buggered of, I reckon I enjoyed it a wee bit more being half naked, was something different :rolleyes:

Nice one 17 rem!!! :blush::blush:

Nice to hear you managed to get out and had a good shoot!!!!

As for naked varminting - nothing quite like getting close to nature as long as we leave the sheep alone!!! :rolleyes::blush:

Sorry mate could not resist that one!! :blush:

Shall speak to you soon buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best.............

RAY...................... :blush::D

Archived