new long range 308 bullet to try

after some advise from a close friend of mine he has had great results with a new bullet he has been using, so after tracking some down i went and picked up a box, these bullets have been designed and have performed very well in remaining stable through the transonic and into subsonic zones and remain accurate, i am hoping to get them out at around the 2700 if possible, will report on load development later on

15448_10205405796457657_2443042012286811

• 3 weeks later...

i did pu up the results the other day of group size and velocity on another section, but here were the results from these the other day ,

2750fps, slightly getting pressure signs but ok to deal with and not hammering the brass to bad,

200 yard group

11195566_10205448330320977_2129169000_n_

300yard group -

11198611_10205448328600934_244341094_n_z

looking to push these out onto a 600yard target next week to confirm velocity and drop data, then out to the magic 800 on gongs,

Hi Josh what's your rig and what are you loading these juggenaults with, them groups are very impressive at 2 and 300yds, atb swaro

thanks swaro, i have an Accuracy international AE MK111, I am using 46g of viht n150 and they are seated 10'' off the lands,

I get similar results with 155grain lapua scenar and 155g amax, again 46g of Viht 140 this time, also 10'' off the land,

I am experimenting with 178 amax at the min and these are also coming in with ragged holes which is making be start to believe my barrel is a bit of a prostitute and goes well with everything :)

Probably around 18lb rig with bipod and mod on,its a good heavy platform, accuracy internationals have good barrels on from the factory, whats the barrel length and twist,cant say ive ever seen 300yd groups like that, ive had sub inch 5 shot group at 300yds,ive once had 4 shots into 0.6 oai and let the 5 go a bit, still got the target, not one holers like you have posted, I have done a 3 shot group with 140gr amaxs at 450yds that was 35mm, maybe lucky but I did it, a bloke in my club uses 185gr juggs and he runs his at 2550fps on a 26 inch armalon tube, he seats with micrometer and they dont like compressed loads so say so his are down on powder, thinks he uses n560,at 2750fps from a 26 inch tube is pushing the 185s fast, didnt know that was possible, I run 168gr amaxs at 2750fps on 44.8grs of n150,

Probably around 18lb rig with bipod and mod on,its a good heavy platform, accuracy internationals have good barrels on from the factory, whats the barrel length and twist,cant say ive ever seen 300yd groups like that, ive had sub inch 5 shot group at 300yds,ive once had 4 shots into 0.6 oai and let the 5 go a bit, still got the target, not one holers like you have posted, I have done a 3 shot group with 140gr amaxs at 450yds that was 35mm, maybe lucky but I did it, a bloke in my club uses 185gr juggs and he runs his at 2550fps on a 26 inch armalon tube, he seats with micrometer and they dont like compressed loads so say so his are down on powder, thinks he uses n560,at 2750fps from a 26 inch tube is pushing the 185s fast, didnt know that was possible, I run 168gr amaxs at 2750fps on 44.8grs of n150,

tell me about it mate i am over the moon with the results, i probably am giving the brass a little pasting but they are only marking on a couple and not to bad either, the groups .2 and .4 above were worse as you can expect but thats why i was happy to run with the 46g load, it is a 1in11 twist and its a 24inch thats why I'm even more surprised on velocity which i am over the moon about, yes it is a bledy heavy platform but i love it, think they are going to be an amazing load for the extended ranges when i can eventually get out there.

My remy 308 in aics stock is probaly near 17lb with bipod and mod on.i think the ft boys run there 185gr jugs at around 2800fps in there looong barrels.you should get very good results out to 1000yds at them velocities with the 0.560 bc.laurie sez they are outstanding bullets.if I could achieve them speeds I would change over.ive been threatening to try the 155.5s and the 185s but I've not got there yet.i am going to have too after this thread.oh are you single feeding these or do they just fit in your mag

My remy 308 in aics stock is probaly near 17lb with bipod and mod on.i think the ft boys run there 185gr jugs at around 2800fps in there looong barrels.you should get very good results out to 1000yds at them velocities with the 0.560 bc.laurie sez they are outstanding bullets.if I could achieve them speeds I would change over.ive been threatening to try the 155.5s and the 185s but I've not got there yet.i am going to have too after this thread

yeah i must be really lucky i think, don't know how I'm doing it :), will update this thread when i have stretched out and trued my drop data at 800, yeah give it a go mate ben if ya can achieve 2700it will be a bonus

I just put 46grs of n150 in a 308 case.it comes halfway up the neck.i would say that's fairly compressed

yeah i do use a long drop tube bit it is a little i think, i am seating them bledy long to be fair

I just watched a video on utube somebody shooting there 308 using 185gr juggs at 1760yds, it didnt say what 308 or barrel etc,

yes mate they are an epic round i believe, yet to try them myself at range but will be reporting back as soon as i do :)

only managed to get out to 360 today due to terrain but still can't get over the results these things are producing, 3 shot 5.5 moa. and .25 for wind

11112771_10205517169201906_6703550556842

Seems as if you have found the dream load,3 shot 0.5 inch group at 360yds is very good

yes i believe i have, thanks swaro, looked at all the brass today and can't see any extractor marks at all just slightly flattened primers so I'm over the moon now, safe load for warmer weather also,

Does the brass flow only happen on one occasion only in the cases life span from a hot load or will it do it every hot load.sure I heard someone say it only happens once.not sure really doh.

no it will happen all the time if the load is too hot, if the case is in a different position you will seed the ejector mark somewhere else if its hot,

With them 185s shooting like gar he would be in for a shout,thumb nail group at 360yds

would love to but i have a wedding on that day i have to go too, gutted, if there anything else popping up you guys think i be interested in please let me know :)

Archived