Nearly in the 500yd club again with 6PPC!!!

varminter

Was planning a trip out varminting after work as the weather was good but no sooner had i got home the heavens opened up!!..

So i finished my loading ( thinking that was the end of going out!! ) and when i looked out the sun was out again , so i gave Bob tail a call and off we went!!!!

Only had a couple of hours till dark , so what with being lucky that the nearest farm is only 5 minutes away we still had some time for a play!!

First field some bunnies was out so set Bob tail up on a 338yds bunnie which he connected - so happy chappie there!!

I then connected on a 282yder - so not a bad start!!!

We then moved onto another farm and had a pop at some other bunnies then we moved up to a section where we can stretch out a bit!!!

We picked out a bunnie at 450yds - so i dialed in the wind / elevation / angle of shot compensation then fired and connected!!

We waited a while then another bunnie came out and ranged 447yds - so Bob tail got set up for the shot and connected - so he is a really happy chappie now!!! :D

Here he is with his 447yds bunnie......................DSCF3137.jpg

Here we are with our 447 and 450yd bunnies......................DSCF3140.jpg

We then had a couple of 500yd + shots and just missed them by a couple of inches - so close yet so far!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Then just as we was about to pack up i noticed 4 bunnies feeding around the 500yd mark , so i pinged one at 497yds and dialed in and let lose the 58 v-max and was rewarded with the sound of the pop of a solid hit!!!............DSCF3142.jpg

So all in all , another cracking evening and what made it even better is that another good friend has a new personal best at 447yds and he had a great time too!!! :D;)

Would just like to say that i am over the moon with my Sako 6PPC that Callum has done for me , it was good before but now its just awesome in my eyes!!!

Really looking forward to hearing your varminting exploits guys now that the season is in full swing!!! ;) ;)

All the best....................

RAY..................................... :D;)

Well done guys, so now you have experimented Bobtail when you gonna' get your own toys to play you been talking about it long enough, go gert something that we haven't played with yet, so we can play with something differant you might want to think about the nice 50 cal. I was looking at at the Sportsman's this week, :rolleyes:;) we could have some fun with that. :rolleyes:

Thanks Nigel!!! ;);)

We shall go for a play sometime soon!!! ;) ;)

Good idea about getting something different in caliber wise - i did say 338 lapua but i do not think the FLD will wear it!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks and all the best.......................

RAY.................................. :D :D

Thanks Dave , its good to see how your rifle performs at those extended ranges!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Ronin , well you sure know where we are coming from dont ya buddy!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks too as well steve , sure is good to get out there and enjoy some evening varminting!!!

All the best and thanks.................

RAY.............................. ;) ;)

Nice going again Ray you realy should try and get some of those shots on film,im sure they would be well watched on here

Thanks andy!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks foxshot too!!!

As for video footage , i am waiting to see charlie hunters footage of one of the outings - shall look forward to that!!!

All the best....................... :blush:

RAY............................. :blush::blush:

Archived