anyone know what this is

Guest cyprinuschris

Guest cyprinuschris

went out tonight shot a rabbit and found this on the liver when gutting it is it just fat or something else sorry if it is to graphic

post-1242-1212109223_thumb.jpg sorry for the quality of pic camera phone

Guest pigglesnitch
went out tonight shot a rabbit and found this on the liver when gutting it is it just fat or something else sorry if it is to graphic

post-1242-1212109223_thumb.jpg sorry for the quality of pic camera phone

Its only a rabbit, never take a chance, throw it away

cant see no pic but id say it is Liver Fluke or maybe a worm sack ..just gessing

cant see no pic but id say it is Liver Fluke or maybe a worm sack ..just gessing

Guest cyprinuschris

cheers for the replies i did throw the rabbit just took pictures of it to see if anyone knew what it was i'll try photobucket but it sounds like toxicosis or liver fluke i'll see if i can post a pic

Oh gawd.. I do all my gutting in the field by torch light and never think to look in detail at the goodies that come out.. How many bunnies have i eaten that may have had toxi what his name i wonder? :rolleyes: Think i'll pay more attention in future....

CH

Help me out would ya? What is toxicosis? I must have been real lucky I have seen liver fluke but never anything like this.

Do you throw the whole carcass?

Cheers

OA

Hi OA, I can't give you the full details of it as I do not remember it. I read it in a book many moons ago, the book is "In pursuite of Connie" I still have the book so will look it up, what I do remember is it is best to hedge the whole thing rather than take a chance.

• 1 month later...
What ever it has got??? I would not bloody eat it!!!!!!

Allways look to see what comes out of the rabbit????

Round here it is lead ;):D

I do find a few down this way that suffer the same diet :lol: The rabbit having a lead injection makes me feel better anyway ;)

What ever it has got??? I would not bloody eat it!!!!!!

Allways look to see what comes out of the rabbit????

Round here it is lead ;):D

I do find a few down this way that suffer the same diet :lol: The rabbit having a lead injection makes me feel better anyway ;)

Just curious, but do you guys accross the pond have the same rule/saying we have here in the states about rabbits?

"Only eat them in months that end in "r""

The reason being that the cold months kill all the critters inside a rabbit...

We don't try to live off rabbits Pat, but it is not uncommon for me to go out and shoot 30 plus in a couple of hours. Rabbits are edible all year round as long as you check them, I personally if I have a rabbit that is thin, scabby, has mixie or shows any signs of health problems when you look at the liver or intestines I just throw them, not even my dogs get them.

Archived