Berger 200g Hybrid velocity Nodes.

blaser308

Could anyone who is loading for FTR with the 200g Hybrid share info with what velocity node ranges for 800-1000y performs best with their FTR rifles thanks.

Stuart anselm [osprey rifles ] was shooting bergers [dont know if they were hybrids] in his .308 on sunday at diggle in the 600yd comp in really bad conditions and shot really well.other than that i cant help.

Using a 32" 1 in 10 barrel, I was loading for Node 4 (2746fps) or node 5 (2546fps) with the 200 Hybrids and got some very good results.

I had no trouble getting to 2750fps with H4895 (45.4 grains), but I was moly coating the bullets and sticking them in Lapua Palma brass, so as always don't use my data without working up to it carefully.

Jsc, have you tried varget for the 200g hybrids hard to get but with its slower burn rate over h4895 could be better suited for the 200 hybrid, how far off lands and how much neck tension you running with, thanks for reply and info.

No, I've hardly ever used Varget and never with any bullets heavier than 190gn.

TBH, H4895 is my goto powder as long as I can make the MV without excessive pressure and that is the case for any bullet up to 210gns with my loads.

After that (for the real heavies), I use Elcho-17 (Reloder 17) or N150.

My 200gn Hybrid FTR load has given me really good accuracy and consistency at short and long ranges.

Best results were with 10 'thou jump and fairly loose neck tension (I go for consistent neck tension rather than being too hung up on how much is there).

HTH!

No, I've hardly ever used Varget and never with any bullets heavier than 190gn.

TBH, H4895 is my goto powder as long as I can make the MV without excessive pressure and that is the case for any bullet up to 210gns with my loads.

After that (for the real heavies), I use Elcho-17 (Reloder 17) or N150.

My 200gn Hybrid FTR load has given me really good accuracy and consistency at short and long ranges.

Best results were with 10 'thou jump and fairly loose neck tension (I go for consistent neck tension rather than being too hung up on how much is there).

HTH!

PM sent JSC.

Archived