Mentor needed in North Cornwall area

bowji john

Spoke with the Fire Arms Officer yesterday

A condition is likely to be attached to my FAC (as it is my first) requiring me to appoint a mentor for .223 on police approved land

Anyone in the North Cornwall area with an 'open licence' for .233 prepared to help?

Cheers

John

You may wish to consider this:

In a letter to Chief Police Officers, Chief Constable Andy Marsh, the lead in firearms licensing issues for the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO), has urged police forces to simplify the restrictive conditions placed on FACs.

The letter advises forces that the condition of Any Other Lawful Quarry (AOLQ) is added to certificates to simplify the multiple conditions that can appear on FACs. In addition, the use of mentoring conditions is to be discouraged, Marsh adding that The shooting community would like to see the removal of this condition and I do agree. The use of the condition is not proportionate to the associated costs or, in my view, to promoting or protecting public safety. As a comparative analogy to other business areas, we would not seek to place unenforceable bail conditions.

ACPO has conveniently disappeared to be replaced by another bunch of oxygen thieves, however I think if you speak to BASC they will give you the lowdown.

I would add that although to be discouraged, the mentoring option may be a cost effective option for you.

Good luck, from what I have seen a Tiff knows what he is doing.

Problem might have been resolved by

1. Joining British Deer Association
2. Contacting a fella who runs DSC1 courses and provides deer stalking days in East Cornwall
3. Said fella will act as mentor (.223) and provide a 'reason' to open my FAC further to 308 (deer) rather than just .223 (fox)

Result (I hope)

smile.png.

Archived