Macc Tecc Suppressors?

I looked at one over the weekend, it certainly is a small unit and just what I want for my 22BR, so I ordered one.

I tried to google them but it came up blank. When I inquired as to why I couldn't find anything about them I was told it was because they haven't been launched yet.

edgar brothers are distributors , top bits of kit for a stalking rifle , very light and compact plus quiet , what more could you want?

saw one on a 375h&h , wouldn't have believed it unless I'd seen it with my own eyes!

edgar brothers are distributors , top bits of kit for a stalking rifle , very light and compact plus quiet , what more could you want?

saw one on a 375h&h , wouldn't have believed it unless I'd seen it with my own eyes!

Obviously different to the one we tried on a .270 which we were less than impressed with

Obviously different to the one we tried on a .270 which we were less than impressed with

when was that ? the ones I've been involved with are lighter and smaller than the competition , about the same on noise reduction?

when was that ? the ones I've been involved with are lighter and smaller than the competition , about the same on noise reduction?

Tried one about two weeks ago.A .270 dedicated one which we had high hopes for after hearing a lot of hype how effective they were.We did the blind test that is hardly scientific but quite reliable where no one was shown or told which mods were being fired or in what order.All three "testers" were of the same opinion that compared to a Hardy (which is hardly the quietest mod on the market) and an Atec Maxim it was noticeably the loudest.The shooter noted that the muzzle flip was also noticably more than the other two

Yes they are small and light but the compromise is that small and light can never contain the blast as well as larger cans with large capacity cases such as the .270.I would think that on smaller capacity cases it wouldn't be so much of an issue

Tried one about two weeks ago.A .270 dedicated one which we had high hopes for after hearing a lot of hype how effective they were.We did the blind test that is hardly scientific but quite reliable where no one was shown or told which mods were being fired or in what order.All three "testers" were of the same opinion that compared to a Hardy (which is hardly the quietest mod on the market) and an Atec Maxim it was noticeably the loudest.The shooter noted that the muzzle flip was also noticably more than the other two

Yes they are small and light but the compromise is that small and light can never contain the blast as well as larger cans with large capacity cases such as the .270.I would think that on smaller capacity cases it wouldn't be so much of an issue

That would pretty much sum it up for me in general with sound moderators, bigger is better, so long as the internals do what they are designed to do.

I have recently had my lamping rifle (22BR) made more user friendly with a lighter stock and 6 inches taken off the barrel and re-profiled. I have noticed that the 6 inches removed made the rifle noticeably louder, although a extra 2 grains of powder might have contributed :)

Having had all that weight reduced the last thing I wanted to do was to replace it with a sound moderator and I certainly didn't want to increase the length by a large amount, from what I have seen of the Maccteck I'm hoping it will be a good compromise, but time will tell.

Archived