.223 Wylde semi custom

IMG_2649_zps5bdd1d88.jpg

It started life as a shot out 17rem 700. I,ve stripped it and blueprinted the action.

IMG_2646_zpsbb3ce521.jpg

To which was fitted a Border Archer 1 in 7" twist blank. Chambered in .223 Wylde. This gives a longer throat and is perfect for the heavyweight .223 bullets that will suit this twist rate.

The barrel is screwcut 18mm x 1 and invisible capped. The crown is 11 degree and the cap is too.

IMG_2647_zps7ac3fd73.jpg

I've fitted a tactical bolt knob, and also a stainless steel 20 MOA rail. The entire barrelled action is bead blasted.

IMG_2645_zpsac4b0735.jpg

The stock is the new AT with a 10 round steel magazine for the .223. It means you can mag feed even the longest VLD's if required, and finishes off the perfect long range .223.

£2400 including VAT.

In line with my usual policy, this rifle is for sale as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wylde boy: The (US ?) Wylde chamber (note-not a cartridge- not even a wyldecat !) is designed to be tolerant of commercial 223 rem ammo and 5.56 military ammo-ie a tad more flexible than 223rem SAAMI spec might be,and it may help initial extraction in non gas guns. It isn't a cartridge and the 223 Wylde chambered rifle-typically AR15 platform- takes regular ammo as above...no doubt our very own Mr Dave Wylde will confirm and add to this basic outline....ballistic performance of course is as per the 223/5.56 cartridge used.

:-)

Archived