hand held computer

I am thinking of geting a palm computer and compatable ballistics program,what would you lads recomend

Palm T3 and Exbal mate.

Or a Pocket PC and EXbal.

Palm T3 and Exbal mate.

Or a Pocket PC and EXbal.

if you dont mind me asking were the best place to buy theses from over here.

bob64

Bob

you can buy any pocket pc (Hewlit Packard, Dell etc or Palm device) from numerous outlets on the internet or the high street "biggies"

I think you need at least 32mb of memory to run Exbal - most (even the cheapest) devices will have this these days.

My own is a Palm Tungsten that was about £80 five or six years ago (cheaper now or upgraded?)

I purchased Exbal from Perry-systems in the US direct comes on CD and there are three types - PC version, Pocket PC version and Palm version.

You need to decide which hand held device you want to use before purchasing (obviously I have the palm software and I also have the PC version for checking stuff whilst running quickload and quicktarget (these are different programmes)

Perry systems can be found here:

http://www.perry-systems.com/

They are good to deal with, if you order the package comes quite promptly.

Dont forget, these devices dont replace actual range tests with your gun and ammunition.

I use the ballistic spreadsheet downloadable from Jackson Rifles for free on a hand held Palm PC that runs EXCEL; its simple to use and accurate and does just about everything you would need. I don't see the need to pay $70 for a fancy front end. It will even run on some mobile phones provide they have EXCEL compatibility.

John MH

• 2 weeks later...

If ur due a new mob phone on ur contract then theres loads out there that will run it fine!(exball)

I use a win mob 6 device (o2 orbit 2 smart phone)

it was free & does everything under the sun practicaly

cant go wrong!

if the shootings slack i go on utube :D

Andy

I shoot on a lot of hilly ground. So would be interested in using Exbal with a pocket PC.

Now shooting up or down hill is it better to fit to your rifle?

A cosign indicator or or an Angle of incline indicator.

Which is the most compatible with Exbal?

Thanks

Dave

Archived