.223 to 6mm br

Depends what rifle.

It will probably not be cost effective though.

I would take a look at the stillar 6mmbr rifle in the for sale section. Take off the cost you would be paying fur barrel and bolt work it would be a wise choice.

It's either a bolt swap, or machine the surrounding ring out larger. As the latter also removes the extractor mortice, the gunsmith will usually further machine the bolt to accept Sako parts. An expensive job!

If you can get one.

The past supplier pacific tool and gauge will no longer post to the UK without license.

I am holding onto a bolt for my .20Tac for this reason. It is a custom Lawton however.

Again if you haven't paid for a stock, trigger, bedding, magazine system plus a new barrel you will be chasing custom. I have been there.

I could sell you a Lawton 400x single shot actioned rifle in a McMillan A5 adj stock with jewel trigger. <300 to rounds.

It's either a bolt swap, or machine the surrounding ring out larger. As the latter also removes the extractor mortice, the gunsmith will usually further machine the bolt to accept Sako parts. An expensive job!

How much would it cost to get this done

Thanks Stephen

I'd PM Baldie on that one. (It may well be cheaper to buy a shot out .243 or 22-250 Remy 700 and use its action.)

Archived