Rifle basix triggers

Whats the general experience with these triggers?

Are they any good?

Thinking of getting the LV-1 and running it near the top 1 1/2 lbs on a remy 700 for paper and deer etc. Thought this might be better than running the L-1 near the bottom i.e. 1 1/2 lbs.

Where's the best place to buy and how much?

Pick the weight you wish to run at, and make sure it is at least half way up the advertised weight group for the model.These triggers are excellent, but will slam fire if set too near their bottom limit. We have imported them for several years, and i,ve fitted getting on into the hundreds now. Good alternative to a jewell, if on a budget, but not the same trigger.

Cheers baldie,

Is there that much difference to the jewel?

Isn't the price something like double the basix one?

Yes, the rb,s are around the ton...the jewell is £200 ish. Take one apart and you can see why the jewell is expensive, its like a swiss watch compared to timex. Both tell the time, but one does it a lot better than the other. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an RB, but once you use a jewell, nothing else will do, i have 3, and the next rifle thats underway will also have one.

Yes, the rb,s are around the ton...the jewell is £200 ish. Take one apart and you can see why the jewell is expensive, its like a swiss watch compared to timex. Both tell the time, but one does it a lot better than the other. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an RB, but once you use a jewell, nothing else will do, i have 3, and the next rifle thats underway will also have one.

i could not agree more with what Dave has just said.

jewel on every rifle i have and i will put one on any rifle i buy for myself.

ATB

Colin :P

Nice analogy baldie.

Thanks for the info, one more question.

If you import triggers are they subject to any restrictions ? or in other words wheres the cheapest (UK) source of both?

I,m not certain on the import side of things buddy to be perfectly honest.I believe triggers are now classed as restricted parts, and a lot wont ship them, but as is always the case with america, there is always someone who will.

We supply more rb triggers than anyone in the uk, including hannams, but we are not the official importer, because RB wont have a sole distributor...its the way they work.however, to get the deal we do, we have to buy each model in 100 lots, and no one else here does.

Jewells all come from pete jackson in the uk, we sell at his rrp, you may find someone else who will undercut that price, i dont know.

The GC trigger Peter sells is not to be discluded either (if you want Jewel quality in a 2 stage)

Archived