BC Bullets / load advice

Brillo

I've got some HBC bullets to test and was hoping someone on here has already used them and is prepared to share some data.

The COAL is consistent at 2.864"

Is there a bullet on QuickLoad that compares with the HBC?

What is the best jump found so far as the bullet looks like a secant ogive which suggests a jamb rather than jump might be best?

Interestingly it looks very much like a Berger VLD but a tad shorter and slightly longer than a Sierra SMK #2156.

I've briefly played with these and am waiting on some more arriving. The Litz g7 BC is .236 I've found they like 20 thou jump in my dta and didn't start shooting till I moved them back from the lands. I initially started just kissing the lands and couldn't do better than an inch but then I came back 10, 20, 30 thou and settled on -20thou. Parabuteo over on the BBS used them exclusively in his ftr rig for a good while I'm sure he'd answer any questions you have buddy :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it fair that I update you on my results with the Dyer HBC 155 grain bullets so far. Thanks to those who replied and others who emailed me there experience with these bullets.

To start off with I loaded all my nine test batches to 2.860" (0.004" off the lands).

I loaded one batch with Viht N140, four with Reloder 15, two with RS 52 and two with IMR 4895. This was done just to give me a start point for further development.

They were all shot at 100 yards and the results from all 9 were very, very good. This in itself was a surprise as with initial load development I expected good mixed with not so good. The RS 52 groups were the best with one being 0.143".

All in all, this bullet looks very promising indeed and with three of the batches I seemed to have hit the sweet spot first time.

By the way, the rifle was one of Mik Mak's; a Nesika action, Bartlein 12 twist 32" barrel in a Joe West stock.

Archived