is the a set amount

nearly there

There's no set amount, but I suppose, FAO's being the way they are could argue you're need/reason for a rifle.

I don't think you need to worry, I know guys who only shoot Deer, don't care for reloading their own ammo and might not even get through 20 factory rounds a year!

Here's the section of the HO guidance for, well, guidance:

18.34. The club’s attendance register should also be checked to ensure that all members with

personal firearm certificates are regularly attending and that the club’s return of members

who have not shot with them for twelve months is accurate. The frequency of use of ranges

will vary depending on the club’s individual circumstances. These will include the proximity

of the nearest suitable range and the ease with which bookings can be made. Target

shooters may be expected to use their firearms regularly, at least three times a year. This is

not the case for firearms held for other reasons such as collecting or deerstalking. Historic

arms may be held for occasional use, in order to avoid excess wear on old artefacts.

hope this helps?

The law requires a club secretary, to inform the police if a shooter has made NO visits in a 12 month membership period, nothing more.

Anything more is FEO,s making it up basically.

Archived