Brass

Guest wireviz

Guest wireviz

Ok i would like to know were the best place is to buy this brass and also what is the best brass to buy. Will it come read to fire eg factory or dose it need prepared first.

Ok i would like to know were the best place is to buy this brass and also what is the best brass to buy. Will it come read to fire eg factory or dose it need prepared first.

Dave,

Give Steve at Trent Firearms a call. he is an advertiser on here. Lapua is definitely the best.

Lapua is best, it needs to be run through the sizer die and trimmed to length before priming and charging etc.

Trent Firearms, Reloading Solutions or anywhere that deals with Lapua stuff should have it.

Without stealing the thread, when I get a fresh box (boxes) of brass, I run all the cases through the sizing die then measure 20 - 30 getting an average OAL (unless I already have a case OAL) then I trim to .005" under the average so that all the brass is uniform or nearly uniform length.

Something ive always done and it works for me - just done 300 6.4x47 cases and 300 6.5x284 cases that way,,,,,think I have now got RSI as they were all turned to size too :lol::wacko:

You need to invest in a power trimmer adaptor mate they are brilliant, mine is like a bondhus key that fits into a socket on the trimmer and is powered by an electric screwdriver, very similar to a CV joint.

Ian.

PS. I think 6.5-284 is one of those calibres where Norma brass is cheaper then Lapua.

I do use an electric screwdriver mate and still find it a pain in the sss, glad its a once only job per case life.

I get my Lap brass pretty cheap mate, dont think the Norma would be cheaper :lol:

Guest Sundance Kid
Dave,

Give Steve at Trent Firearms a call. he is an advertiser on here. Lapua is definitely the best.

Followed by Norma Brass its not as hard and brittle as some and does not become case harden when worked as fast as some of the other case manufacturers David

Archived