Bullet Heads

onehole

I,m probably right in thinking this country is now in "crisis" with lack of expanding ammo ? Does anyone know if anything is being done about it particularly the main importers? Is it purely down to production and supply problems or cant we come up with an order significant enough to carry some clout over there.Anyone got a clue what where and when things are going to improve.This has probably been answered in past topics but can we have an update from someone in the know please? Thanks,,,,,O

I visited my local dealer yesterday (R MacLeod & Son, Tain) and there was no evidence of any shortages - in fact supplies have improved dramatically from six months ago.

What in particular are you struggling to get? I was under the impression things had eased up a little.

Nick.

No 75 Vmax,,87Vmax 105Amax or 80g Nosler bt,s down this way,,,,,,? I have a good personal supply but generally replace as I go and am now eating into my "small" stash,,,,,O

I'm probably way off here in my thoughts on the situation as regards the USA. However, am I right in thinking that if the American public are still panic buying, and building up huge stores of ammo, bullets, powder and so on..... Then the manufacturers don't need to go to the trouble of exporting to any great deal. Is this assumption of mine totally wrong???

Can a panic buy really go on this long!!??

Secondly, have the manufacturers also been busy supplying ammo and the like, for the 10 year war in Afghan, again hence making no effort to try and supply the UK? Anyone's constructive thoughts on both would be appreciated?

I certainly wouldn't put it past our own scheming lying corrupt governments, (That's all parties!) to go out of their way, to personally do what they could to hinder any imports of legal firearms, ammo, and associated components and consumables. With a long term view of eventually making it impossible for RFD's to make enough money to survive. It saddens/worries me to think how few real "Smiths" will be around in a just one generations time.... :(

Jamie

EDIT -

Apologies O, I didn't mean to hijack your thread, it's something that just interests me to......

No 75 Vmax,,87Vmax 105Amax or 80g Nosler bt,s down this way,,,,,,? I have a good personal supply but generally replace as I go and am now eating into my "small" stash,,,,,O

Sorry if I am telling my granny how to suck eggs but Midway are showing Hornady 87vmax and 105amax as available and the 80 grain nosler as due in stock on 17th of this month. You can order them to be sent to your local rfd.

Hope this helps you.

Nick.

Secondly, have the manufacturers also been busy supplying ammo and the like, for the 10 year war in Afghan, again hence making no effort to try and supply the UK? Anyone's constructive thoughts on both would be appreciated?

I doubt that the Global War Against Terror/Afghanistan/Iraq is having much influence on commercial ammunition production/supplies these days if at all. Most countries involved have ther own dedicated military ammunition plants. Plus additional ammunition is sourced from overseas government plants/contractors.

IMO the major cause of the supply shortages falls the the feet of US domestic horders/panic buyers, and of course a certain Irish-Hawaiin-Kenyan American anti-gun politician.

Sorry if I am telling my granny how to suck eggs but Midway are showing Hornady 87vmax and 105amax as available and the 80 grain nosler as due in stock on 17th of this month. You can order them to be sent to your local rfd.

Hope this helps you.

Nick.

Thanks Nick,,,will contact them on Monday to see what can be done,,,I know they could post the 105,s and see if my local guy will accept a delivery of expanding 87,s for me,,,,I live down in Cornwall and have rung around Devon and Cornwall shops but we have next to nothing down here ,,,,regds,,,,O

Is this mainly 6mm your talking about ??? As im a little worried now , im building a 6mmBR and wasn't sure what id use just yet ? 87 Vmax or 105 amax ? Noslers etc - help ?

Only looking at 6mm and 6BR as this is my only case and calibre now,,,,,,not yet rung around yet ,,,,not really concerned about match heads but I primarily need 75 Vmax and 105 Amax to be available and they aint down here at the moment. Got loads of Berger etc/ custom heads for range use,,,its the lighter 75/80g expanding that's hard to find and also for long range varminting the 105 Amax.

Not sure about other cals but guess there are issues with them as well,,,,?.....O

Only looking at 6mm and 6BR as this is my only case and calibre now,,,,,,not yet rung around yet ,,,,not really concerned about match heads but I primarily need 75 Vmax and 105 Amax to be available and they aint down here at the moment. Got loads of Berger etc/ custom heads for range use,,,its the lighter 75/80g expanding that's hard to find and also for long range varminting the 105 Amax.

Not sure about other cals but guess there are issues with them as well,,,,?.....O

Well am i bad ? I bought 500 105 amax from midway , dauntsey didn't have any expanders & spud didn't have any so kinda panic bought them . Thats probably 6 months worth , i hope my barrel will like em , spoke to aftab at RS earlier but forgot to ask about 6mm expanders ! Dumn azz i am .

Archived