Hawke Nite Eye Scopes

Any of you guys have any experience of Hawke Nite Eye scopes ? I have an MTC mamba that i'm not that thrilled with now i've used it in the field lamping.

I've already returnd one to MTC and this one is really no better.. I'm not one to make a great fuss so i'll prob shelve it and never buy MTC again.

Please guys, no "you get what you pay for" cracks.. Yes i know but not everyone has S&B money.. ;)

So, have any of you guys used a Nite Eye scope? I'm thinking of the 3 - 10 x 44 with illum centre 30/30 ret..

Thanks for your help..

Grant..

Any of you guys have any experience of Hawke Nite Eye scopes ? I have an MTC mamba that i'm not that thrilled with now i've used it in the field lamping.

I've already returnd one to MTC and this one is really no better.. I'm not one to make a great fuss so i'll prob shelve it and never buy MTC again.

Please guys, no "you get what you pay for" cracks.. Yes i know but not everyone has S&B money.. ;)

So, have any of you guys used a Nite Eye scope? I'm thinking of the 3 - 10 x 44 with illum centre 30/30 ret..

Thanks for your help..

Grant..

Rather a second hand, even old fixed 6x42 or 8x56 scope of the better makes than the nite eye trash.

Had one, was as if a yellow filter was up front and wouldn't handle recoil.

R Mac Leod has a nice selection. The 7x50 meopta aint bad either.

Who needs magnification if the resolution isn't good.

edi

Thanks for the inf Edi. You've saved me from another buying mistake.. I've checked out R.Mac's and i dont have the budget for a top end s/hander at the mo.

I have a Simmons Whitetail Classic that i occasionally use for dusk to dark foxing with my .223. The light draw is very good indeed. It's a 6.5 - 20 x 50 though, so too much mag for a bunny lamping rig. Maybe i should try the Whitetail in a 3.5 - 10 x 50 set up? I only ever use x 4 or x5 mag when lamping for the lesser spotted long eared carrot cruncher.. What do you guys think?

I was determined to move from plain to illuminated reticule as my old Opti-mate just doesn't cut it in the dark anymore as my eyes get older. Maybe i just need a better scope like the Whitetail?

hi i hated my nite eye on my 22-250 could not group within 1.5" at 100 yards with it ripped it of and fitted a second hand leupold vx111 8x25x50 lr and now i can put 3 bullets under a pound coin at 200 yards with my standard remmy vssf it was worth the extra work and overtime to aford it and makes shooying it a joy

all the best bruxie

Most of the hawke range are designed for airguns, and the fixed parallax models, such as the niteye,s etc, are set at 30 yards. No good for owt but an airgun. The only scopes worth using in the Cheap end, are the whitetail classics.They are built for firearms use, have 100 yard parallax, and are made to withstand recoil, and have good optics for the price range.

Thanks Baldie. That's exactly what i'm going to do. I have 6.5 - 20 x 50 whitetail already but it's too much mag so i'm about to buy a 3.5 - 10 x 50 whitetail. that should do the job nicely.. :lol:

I have a Hawk Varmint II on my .22 and I have had it on there for a few years now and to be honest I can't falt it for night or day use, the lenses are great for the money and it has never gone off zero, and it fell down 8 steps one night as I was going home, it was in a hard case whaich helped but I wouldn't have anything else on my .22

I have a Hawk sidewinder on my .243 and although I had problems with the first one and this was replaced with a new one I have just had a day shooting out to 290yds and I was dialing in and out and I had no problem with it.

Like you I am not in the smit money bracket so I have to make choices that fit my wallet, if I was in the posision where I could earn plenty I'd have a swaro or night force but until then I have to make do.

By the way I have a Side winder here for sale brand new boxed, 8.5 -34 x 52 my mate got it and never used it as he got himself a very nice swaroski £150 + p&p

Thanks for the offer Charly Hunter but the Sidewinder at 8.5 min mag is too much for lamping bunnies with a .22lr at 40 - 50 yards for me. I prefer to use around 4 to 5 mag when lamping. First i pref a fixed parallax for lamping & second i get good light transmission at those mag settings and i know how far away my quarry is. Thanks all the same..

Grant.

I had a Whitetail 2 - 5 x 20 on my rimmy for a while. Superb little scope and ideal for rabbiting (I regret getting rid). Don't let the small objective put you off either, it's got a pretty good field of view for what you want.

Dave

"I had a Whitetail 2 - 5 x 20 on my rimmy for a while. Superb little scope and ideal for rabbiting (I regret getting rid). Don't let the small objective put you off either, it's got a pretty good field of view for what you want."

Dave

The 20 obj will be too small for lamping methinks Dave but thanks for the advice..

Pat, yes i agree about the fixed parallax. My current Whitetail has an adj obj. Like you say, too much to fiddle with. I've decided on the 3.5 - 10 x 50 fixed parallax model. As they're not made anymore they seem to fetch a premium price over here but i dont mind paying to get what i want.. I have noticed that some advertisers claim that the scope has a "Duplex" ret like my bigger whitetail, as i expected but some advertise it has a "Truplex" ret.. Odd that. I wonder if Simmons changed the ret on the last production run?

Either way, the sooner i have one on my quad, the happier i'll be..

Grant..

"I had a Whitetail 2 - 5 x 20 on my rimmy for a while. Superb little scope and ideal for rabbiting (I regret getting rid). Don't let the small objective put you off either, it's got a pretty good field of view for what you want."

Dave

The 20 obj will be too small for lamping methinks Dave but thanks for the advice..

Grant..

As above, don't be put off by the small objective. I used it for lamping on a rimmy and it worked well

Archived