Hello all, I'm after a portable barometer, I already have a Kestrel which gives me temp and wind speed only, instead of selling that and getting the next model up I think I'll just get a dedicated barometer, any recommendations for something that can be carried in a pocket?

Thanks

Are you playing long range games?

I have a Kestrel too, but it's also the model down from having a Barometer.... D'oh!

Currently I just use google to get the height of my 'known' shooting positions!

I'm thinking along the same lines as you... I don't really want to trade the kestrel in, unless it's a part ex! :-D

Jay

If anyone uses a Samsung S4 or S5 phone it has a pressure sensor inside. It was the main reason I chose the S5 when it was upgrade time! Handy if you've left your weather station at home. I calibrated mine when I got the phone about 6 weeks ago and its still bang on with my Skywatch Xplorer4 and hasn't wandered a bit. Works very well. (You do need to download one of the free barometer apps first.)

I use Shooter on Android so all I need is a phone with an anemometer now! ;)

Thanks yellow belly, thats the sort of thing I've looked at, but wondered about their accuracy (or how accurate they need to be)

Same boat as me then jay :huh:

Farmer, I do have a samsung, but a lesser model with pressure sensor.

Thanks for the replies

Archived