Stalking and fishing

Here are a few pics from my trip to Scotland with my other son Wade (11) . He was lucky enough to catch his 1st Pike and was over the moon. I shot another Roebuck with malformed antlers.

The other pictures are from a couple of stealthcams that i have put out up there.

Wade and his pike

IMG_0971-1.jpg

Malformed head - the antler runs backwards and then behind his other one touching the skin.

IMG_0968-1.jpg

Buck on camera

TTC_0016.jpg

Hind on camera

TTC_0027.jpg

TTC_0022.jpg

Nice pics Gary,looks like you both done well, another member to the exclusive deformed left antler club :)

This is the 2nd one with a deformed left antler that I have shot there in the last month - both within about 300 yards of each other.

Well done to Wade!

Do you find the stealthcams usefull when assessing which areas to stalk?

Well done to Wade!

Do you find the stealthcams usefull when assessing which areas to stalk?

Hi Andy,

Definitely,

The camera that I got the picture of the Roebuck on was situated in the position that it is now in for 2 nights and I had Roe show up at 3 different times. I had previously had it in an area for 4 weeks that we thought would show up deer but it only showed up beef cattle !

The camera with the Red on has only showed up Reds in that area but at times you would not expect - all through the day at different intervals.

They are also good at finding out if you have any undesirables on your land poaching :)

Guest 308Panther

Looks like ya got a nice bit of "Surf and Turf" goin...

Pike are good eatin once ya get past all the bones....

Aint sure how yours are...but ours got an extra row of bones...

308Panther

Archived