Night Master 800 advise please?

247sniper

Hi guys,

I already have a Nite Site NS50 for night shooting of rabbits, barn shooting and ratting.

I am after another system for another rifle, i was thinking on the Night Master 800 IR. Does anyone use this for the above of for foxing etc?

What are they like?

How do they work, I mean the Nite site has a camera that transmits a signal to the display. Does the Night master just fire a invisible IR beam that you cannot see but you can see when you look through the scope???

I know im being thick here guys but would appreciate your help.

Cheers guys

Steve

The NM800 IR will be invisible to your eye, its putting out 850nm infra red light, you will need a night vision device to see it Steve.

Buy yourself a new Photon XT, well worth the money and useable to around 200yds.

still need some extra ir light though dont you?

I like the idea of the NM as it can also be used as a decent light/tourch as well.

What sort of night vision devises are available to go with it, this is a new area for me so dont know what what.

Cheers guys

I use a nm 800 ir and have now got a white hd pill for it too, using the xsearcher head its pushing 300y with the white pill and with the ir pill and the drone pro I can make out details on dry stone walls at 400y.also use the nm with a home made add on that I put together and that is pushing 200y or so but only use that for rats on the airgun.have a look on the nv forum plenty to read on there

If you wait a few weeks I'll be selling my old photon for dirt cheap money.

Great night vision and has accounted for a lot of foxes. Buy a t20 illuminator and you have a very capable NV sight.

It could be going for less than £290

As ab aside, I wouldn't buy a Nightmaster as there are plenty of torches with just as good performance for lots less money. You just need to look here for a perfect example.

The NM800 was first to market with the decent sized aspherical lens which offers a tight beam and good distance, plenty others have followed now. A T50 for example would save you a good few quid with little if no loss in performance. The T20 with a doubler on would again be an option.

I had 2x MK1 Photons and they were good for the money, the new MK2 Photon XT for the same £400 is even better, as Pork Chop said you will need an IR illuminator but all in for £600 with a doubler you will be able to shoot foxes clearly to 200yds.

As said,don't be afraid to shop around. There's a lot of torches out there that'll give similar performance, but cost a lot less than the brand models.

It's not a direct comparison, but I bought an Ultrafire 501b off ebay for £16, then got an IR pill and aspherical lens from some bloke on another forum for about £45. I now use this with my home-made nv setup and it's good out to a range of about 100yds. To get that sort of performance from a branded torch, I'd probably been paying double.

Of course the downside is, no warranty.

I use both , nm and t20 .the nm is by far the better quality but then you would expect it to be, the nm reaches out more than the t20 but not by much.my mate uses a t20 with a 66mm lens and that just about the same as the nm.now when I got my nm I didn't know of the t20 if I had I think thats where my money would have gone

Archived