What dies

gaz6br

With a new rifle on the way in 6.5x47 I need new dies, I've always used redding but they seem pricey to me in that calibre.

What do you guys think,?

Cheers Gaz

Forster are good for the money, well worth a look

Yes, + 1 on that. Unless you're only loading one bullet design, pay the extra money for a set with the [micrometer top] Ultra-Seater. A single gradation on it is one thou' change to COAL or something so close you'll barely notice and it makes fine tuning the die setting so much quicker and easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, + 1 on that. Unless you're only loading one bullet design, pay the extra money for a set with the [micrometer top] Ultra-Seater. A single gradation on it is one thou' change to COAL or something so close you'll barely notice and it makes fine tuning the die setting so much quicker and easier.

Plus 1 on this. I use the ultra seater for my 223 loadings. Very accurate micrometer on it and easier to read than the redding comp dies.

I used redding comp set for year's, and would of had the same for my 260, but no way for £200. I settled for a set of Forster for ahout £100. Happy enough.

I've done just the same ;)

Cheers guys

Gaz

With a new rifle on the way in 6.5x47 I need new dies, I've always used redding but they seem pricey to me in that calibre.

What do you guys think,?

Cheers Gaz

I have just purchased some Forster dies with FL and micrometer seater for my upcoming 6.5x47. I have also purchased some Forster for the .223 NS and micrometer seater, I am happy with the quality and precision and am using them at the moment, needless to say i have not been disappointed and shall be buying them again for other calibers when needed. They are pricey though compared to cheaper brands but unfortunately for you there is not a lot of choice for the 6.5x47.

Archived