Remington 710

shrek

A mate of mine has just bought a remington 710, its obviosly not the same quality of the 700 just by looking at it, me and ratwhiskers had it on the range and it didnt want to group very well, BUT the barrel is rubbing up agains the plastic stock, so im wondering if any of you guys can tell me whether its meant to be a bedded barrel or free floating, as it may need abit of "adjustment" to get it to shoot better anyway. Mite just pull the action out the stock the next time i see him and have a look, maby go and knock some fenceposts in with the action while im at it!

A mate of mine has just bought a remington 710, its obviosly not the same quality of the 700 just by looking at it, me and ratwhiskers had it on the range and it didnt want to group very well, BUT the barrel is rubbing up agains the plastic stock, so im wondering if any of you guys can tell me whether its meant to be a bedded barrel or free floating, as it may need abit of "adjustment" to get it to shoot better anyway. Mite just pull the action out the stock the next time i see him and have a look, maby go and knock some fenceposts in with the action while im at it!

A 710 Remington! :huh: (shudder!) ~Andrew

Tell me about it! but all he needs it for in 100 yard roe bashin so its plenty good enough!

anyways found some breakdown drawings earlier on and it looks like its suppose to be a free floating barrel, just wouldnt mind somone backing me up on that????

He got his first buck with it on saturday evenin which he was very happy about, we dont all need rifles that can shoot very small hols at silly ranges, if everyone had them there wouldnt be any at long range left to shoot! haha

Tell me about it! but all he needs it for in 100 yard roe bashin so its plenty good enough!

anyways found some breakdown drawings earlier on and it looks like its suppose to be a free floating barrel, just wouldnt mind somone backing me up on that????

It hardly matters. The thing about bedding is that is should be consistent. I have rifles that are fully bedded that shoot great. I have free floated rifles that shoot great. It's when you have something that isn't quite one or the other that gives you problems. Free float it first, then add bedding as accuracy warrants. (Much easier to put epoxy in then to take it out, eh?) ~Andrew

Wot really turns my guts is that l actually fired the damn thing :( l didn't know wot bit was going to fly off first, best group at the time if l remember was about 2.5 inch @100yrds. And l still say he got his arse tickled over the price :angry:

Well if it gets him going and he's happy wot more can l say, actually the Ratwife says if l shut up l make far more sence anyway....... :D

Archived