TET Uunimount for a 10-50 x 60

Raifuru

Just finishing off my Remmy actioned 6.5 x 47 and going to add a Sightron 10-50. It has a Ken Farrell 20MOA base that is about 12mm at the front. In theory, I should just get away with a medium Unimount but wondered if anyone has had any experience with that particular scenario.

My 8-32x56 scope is mounted with TET medium rings, which are 25.0 mm from centre to bottom (the part that sits on the rail). The top of my Picatinney rail is 14 mm from base to top and the scope just clears the straight profile barrel by about 2 mm.

According to the spec on the TET website the TET Unimount is 32.7 mm from centre to bottom so my scope would clear the barrel by a further 7.7 mm, a good 9 - 10 mm clearance. This implies that a 60 mm objective scope with a 30 mm tube fitted with a TET Unimount would clear the barrel by about 7 mm.

HTH

I forgot to mention, I previously had the scope fitted in a Accuracy International 18 moa, 30 mm Unimount and the clearance between object lens and barrel was substantial. I never measured this but it would easily have accommodated a 60 mm object lens.

I tried a medium TET Unimount with Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 on my TikkaT3/Tac21 abd it wasn't high enough, had to swap over to the high rings.

a3b61de9d5bdc90bdfdbae83769b1aad.jpg

TET Unimount/medium rings - way too low, barely clearing the rail and too low for a clear view through the scope.

7d21f4aaccf1990349f48faec32ff4a0.jpg

TET Unimount/high rings - really comfortable.

But would some of that have been because of the extended front rail a normal action barrel im sure will be ok

While the scope barely cleared the extended front rail, it wasn't the real problem. The deciding factor was - even with the comb fully down I could hardly see through the scope properly with the medium-height mount - the high mount is spot-on.

Archived