tika t3

Guest Baldrick

Jackson Rifles now import Robertson Composites stocks that are inletted for the T3. Personally I get on well with my .223 T3 Varmint. The trigger is very good, the stock is adequate but not exceptional, and I cannot fault the accuracy. I've never had a fault with the gun and it gets used every day.

It depends what you want from the rifle. I wanted a robust rifle that I didn't have to rebuild with new parts from the trigger blade upwards, that shot well and would allow me to knock down fox on an everyday basis.

I've a T3 lite in 3006 and know of 2 other people who own tikka's and we can't fault them.

Likewise but in 7-08. My brother and my gunsmith's son got identical SS Lites after my reports and are both most happy with them. All three used for std deershooting here in NZ so weight an issue. I find mine has nice balance for off-hand shots, far nicer than my SS Model7 .260. No heavier either, despite an extra 2" of barrel and a lot stiffer stock. Feeds like butter unlike the M7 which has had the ramp polished.

Think you'd be happy with it

Chris, NZ

Below is my T3 in .223 with a 1 in 12" twist. The target shows 12 shots at 200 yds. The 2 outers were sighters as i've just changed the scope to a Leupold VXIII. The rifle is out of the box with no extras or modifications. For the money, the T3 is a brilliant bit of kit...

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0346.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived