nightforce nsx tubed nightvision

Rammer223

hi all

has anyone used tubed nightvision on the back of a nightforce nsx is so what and how did it fair? any problems with focal lengh etc, I know some over scope mybe better choice but keen to keep nightforce if possible

regards lee

I tried my Archer on a NF it was poor, the picture wasn't too bad but as the reticle on NF scopes is very fine and it was really difficult to see. I now use a Swaro Z6 gen2 2.5-15x56.

Hi Andy - What zoom do you end up using most? I have Z6i 5-30x50 and I think I like the idea of quickly converting to NV. Would you recommend this setup?

Rammer - Acknowledge that I'm now hijacking this thread, but i think you've just about drawn up a conclusion (if not the one you wanted!)

Hi Andy - What zoom do you end up using most? I have Z6i 5-30x50 and I think I like the idea of quickly converting to NV. Would you recommend this setup?

Rammer - Acknowledge that I'm now hijacking this thread, but i think you've just about drawn up a conclusion (if not the one you wanted!)

Hi Simon,

Sorry to disappoint you but if your scope is a Z6i then you will struggle to couple the Archer to it because of the illumination housing.

But in answer to your question I usually keep my scope on 8x mag, this gives me a good clear picture with a decent FOV if needed it will work at 15x but the picture starts diminishing.

For illumination I use a N1000ap laser, with the Swaro I found it gives a better picture than a IR torch.

Andy

Archived