I cant remember if Ive posted this before but what good quality weaver rings are there out there now Im not wanting to spend a hundred or so on a set but looking for suggestions (ie not badgers etc)

I have a set of 30mm fixed apel rings you can have for £50,only put on a gun for a few days then changed to set of badgers

ATB Paul

Really happy with my recknagel mounts, the ones with the triangle nut.

Very precise and strong.

Just changed from 30mm very high to 30mm low, at zero I was out 2 clicks on height

and spot on with windage.

Not sure if you can get em in UK.

edi

Guest varmartin

The Warne permanent attached rings are good if fitted correctly, but some don`t like them...

I have a set ready to fit to my Rem 700 when I get hold of a weaver type base for it.

Guest varmartin

Cheers for the tip John, but our family Hols to Florida is getting closer by the week....so I think I will take some $$$ with me for rifle related components B):P;)

Mmmm Ive been doing some digging about and there are 3 which I fancy!! Leupold, Burris with the plastic inserts and Warne! Ive just bought a leupold vxl 6.5x20x56 and I really want to secure it properly and with out damage, thats where the burris are coming from but is it at a price! I like the look of leupolds the look pretty damn strong and have a lot going for them, then this morning I looked at the Warne and I must admit they look damn ugly but they look as if they could fit the bill!! Come on lads help me oot!!! Back on the burris front there seems to be 2 sets of rings with the inserts which would suite my rifle and bases 1 has 4 screws for locking the scope in and the other has 2 but I can only find the ring with the 2 screws for sale and on the manufacturers site the 4 screw base looks better imo!

I have four sets of the Burris Signiature rings with the plastic inserts and they are the dogs, they are holding S&B 3-12x50 and 2.5-10x56 and Swarovski 6-24x50 x 2 off. They have never moved and were easy to set up and do not mark the scope. mind they should work as Berretta bought the company a bit back and the design is basically the Sako one and they work fine too. Go Online to http://www.brownells.com/ and you can order them online there and use them with the Weaver or Leupold bases for your rifle which are also listed, should cost you less than £70 for the lot and all mine have come in 10 days or less.

Redfox

Archived