BORDER STALKERS SPRING RIFLE SHOOT.

First of all `THANK YOU`to those kind souls who assisted as Range Officers on the day and shooting competitors / visitors who so generously donated many fine prizes.

Our Summer Shoot is on June 15th and the Autumn Shoot is on August 17th.

One Lady, 26 Men and 1 Junior Male participated and a high general standard of shooting was seen.

Unfortunately our day clashed with that of the Yorkshire Branch shoot at Pickering and some of our regular visitors were absent but nevertheless there was still 7 or 8 Yorkshiremen present.

The main event of the day was a 12 shot stalkers shoot run on the lines of the DMQ shooting test but with 12 shots and not 9.

Format:- 3 shots on the 4 inch Grouping Target and 3 shots on the DJV Roebuck Target from a simulated Hi-Seat at 100yds,

3 Shots Sit or Kneel at 70 yards, Buck Target and finally 3 shots Standing at 40 yards again on the Roebuck Target.

Normal stalking aids such as rucsac, sticks or bipod acceptable.

Maximum possible score 120 points.

Results:-

1st. stag1933. 30/30 grouping and 89/90 roebuck. 119 ex 120.

2nd. Eric Wear. 30 plus 88. 118/120.

3rd. Ratwhiskers. 29 plus 89. 118/120.

4th. John Wolfe. 29 plus 89. 118/120.

5th. Shrek. 28 plus 90. 118/120.

Two-shot Pool shoot at 130 yards.[the smallest and most demanding target on the range. [ ONE CENTIMETRE BULLSEYE.]

Results:-

5 tied with 19 out of the 20 max. points and places were decided by the smallest, most central group.

1st. Lisa. [Ratwife] 19/20.]

2nd. J. Wolfe. 19/20.

3rd. S. Hargreaves. 19/20.

4th. Shrek. 19/20.

5th. Ratwhiskers. 19/20.

The free raffle on Competitors entry number for a bottle of Scotch was won by John Grice.

All in all this was an excellent day, thank you all.

Picture of Ratwifes 130 yard Pool Card.

Ratwifecard002.jpg

Sounds like a great day Hubert, very high standard of scores there and excellent shooting by Mrs Rat :)

I went to the Pickering shoot and didnt embarrass myself or the NW, despite the usual patterned targets with no discernable scoring area.

Managed a 97 ex 100, pipped by Bob Holmes who shot a 98!

I may attend your shoot in June if ok?

Regards

R

Many thanks again stag for the enjoyable day! yet again we were all following in your shadow

I better keep that 6mm of mine away from the ratwife as the poole shoot shows she shoots to well with it!

Anyway already looking forward to the next shoot!

Regards Shrek

HWH.

lt was a good day again Sir, and the weather for once behaved it's self.

Shrekles me little mate don't worry about your rusty gas pipe l've told the Ratwife she can buy her own if she wants one, though at the rate she's spending pennies on Nags ;) l think she'll be hard pressed to pay for the ammo let alone the tube to shoot it from B)

Ah well back to zappin bambi in practise for the next shoot.... Or should that be the other way round :o

Archived