Hodgdon CFE 223

Guest Stacka

• 4 weeks later...

hi ,I used the H cfe 223 in my T3 223,

worked up to 28.8 G ,this gave me good .5 MOA with 53g Vmax @ 100Y =3,500 fps .

I,ve finished the tub ,LOOKED everywhere for more :(

The importer, Edgar Brothers has plenty of CFE. Being a ball powder, it's US manufactured (by St. Marks Powder Co. in Florida) and is likely a canister variant of one manufactured in huge quantities for 5.56mm military ammo loading. It's the Australian manufactured extruded Hodgdon products that are in short supply. So, there's no reason why a local gunshop can't get some in if customers ask for it.

The importer, Edgar Brothers has plenty of CFE. Being a ball powder, it's US manufactured (by St. Marks Powder Co. in Florida) and is likely a canister variant of one manufactured in huge quantities for 5.56mm military ammo loading. It's the Australian manufactured extruded Hodgdon products that are in short supply. So, there's no reason why a local gunshop can't get some in if customers ask for it.

Thanks will give Edgar Brothers a call to see if they have some in stock. ;)

If you and Foxing2Nite (Darrell Evans) are anywhere close to each other in North Wales, see if he'll pick some up for you from Brian Fox at Diggle. Darrell will be coming up from your part of the world for the 600 yards bench rest comp on Saturday 25th October. Brian does a good price on powders. Edgar Bros. is a trade only dealer and will only tell you whether they have any in their stores, plus who your nearest main dealer is, but won't sell it to you direct.

If you and Foxing2Nite (Darrell Evans) are anywhere close to each other in North Wales, see if he'll pick some up for you from Brian Fox at Diggle. Darrell will be coming up from your part of the world for the 600 yards bench rest comp on Saturday 25th October. Brian does a good price on powders. Edgar Bros. is a trade only dealer and will only tell you whether they have any in their stores, plus who your nearest main dealer is, but won't sell it to you direct.

Hi Laurie ,thanks for the idea ,but managed to get 3 Tubs of the cfe 223 at last ,this should last me a couple of months ;)

Archived