Brians longshot.

6mmBR

Yesterday turned out better than was expected :huh: so Brian and I thought we'd try some long range bunny bashing.

Brians very keen and off down the cliffs we went.

We started with a few bunnies around the 180yd mark to get into things as Brians longest shot so far is around the 220yd mark.

I spotted a bunny on the bank and pinged it with my Leica, giving a range of 323yds. The wind meter was giving a reading of 5-6 mph winds at full value to the target. I called out the corrections to Brian who dialed them in. He settled down to take the shot, whilst I observed with my bino's, he squeezed the round off to be rewarded with a direct hit.

DSCF0244.jpg

That was the furthest shot Brian has managed he was well chuffed.

Now he's looking forward to his .243 Ackley coming and he really can let them have it :huh:

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave , nice one on getting Brian his long range bunnie!!! :huh: :huh:

Nice one too Brian on your longest bunnie yet!!! ;):(

Soon change when you get that 243 ackley running!!! - if you need any help on info just let know your rifle specs and we can mull over some load data!!! :P

All the best and well done boys..................

RAY................... :D:(

Guest varmartin

Well done To Brian on a long shot...323 yards it a long way off ;)

Good work by the spotter too. B)

With the Ackley on the way we will be seeing him double that distance in no time. :)

Thanks for the replies guys, Brians not a great one for posting on here, but I think he's hooked on this long range shooting. He's had a good year what with his first deer when we came down to Cornwall and met up with Keith and Ray in February and now hooked on the long range stuff, I think this could be expensive :)

The rifle spec is an RPA Interceptor in 6mm BR loaded with 87 Vmax @ 2900 fps.

The scope is a Leupold VX111 6.5-20x50LRT with the varmint reticule.

There'll be no keeping him once he's got this ackley

Aint it a bugger that some of us have to work for a living :) ,looked like a lovely day dave , hope your looking after that rifle it looks like it should be down here with me for the summer ;) ,I would look after it honest ;)

Will give you a bell towards weekend will try and come up and drop that to you,

Bet Brian was well chuffed, 243 Ack that will be something to see B)

Cheers Andy

Cheers Darrel, hopefully it will be a good varminting season ;) now the nights are drawing out we should be able to get out a bit more.

Andy no worries mate, I think you better come up and use that BR :blink:

Joking apart if you can pop up on the weekend and we can go and play, give us a bell.

Cheers

Dave

Archived