sako quad range

palo

I was looking at one of the sako quad range rifles in 22lr recently and although they are expensive im tempted to buy one.

Anyone shooting one or has anyone got a quad in 22lr ?

I would like to know what the accuracy is like ? Would it be similar to a cz or better ?

I have 2 Quad Varmints, HMR and .22LR. The guy I shoot with has a CZ HR. I can get better groups shooting my Sako than I can shooting his CZ. I imagine the .22's would differ similarly (he has a 10/22 so I can't compare). Both are the same sort of age and have had the roughly the same amount of ammo through them. Other people's experience may differ, classic your mileage may vary :D

Unless you're shooting bench rest the difference isn't really worth bothering about. They dispatch bunnies with equal ease. It's the nut behind the butt that matters :D

C

As said the quad is a step up from the CZ, though there's nothing wrong with CZ which is a solid gun. You need to shoulder the rifle and see how it fits you though especially in the pistol grip area. All the quad stocks are different and the one that suited me was the wooden varmint. Btw there is a set trigger option, but if you want it, get it with the new rifle as a later addition was £250+ and GMK would only fit it in house, when I enquired.

I had one of thesea while back and accuracy was fine but watch for extraction problems even on a new one, i was sick of having to use a pen knife to get the case out as once it stuck the bolt just would not remove it.

• 3 months later...

I have a Sako Quad varmint synthetic with .22LR and .22WMR barrels.

Great rifles, only comments:

1) If the scope is too long or you use a sun shield then you can not remove the barrel: I need to remove the sun shield to change barrels.

2) There is a huge difference in point of impact between the .22LR and .22WMR - need to experiment (practice) at the range. Maybe should have bought a different scope?

Regards,

Geek

I bought the quad varmint synthetic and it is very accurate but I did have a few extraction issues with some brands of ammo.

I have a grs stock on order.

My scope is mounted very low so if I decide to get another barrel I will get new mounts and a picatinny rail so that I can remove and replace the scope easily.

Archived