Quick release rings & value budget scope ideas

sauer

Hi folks

As above looking for recommendations for

Quick release pictinnay rings & scope

Running an Armasight drone pro NV scope on my .22-250 & love it but would like to be able to switch over to conventional for load development .... Once got a load I like on a new batch , or confirm a known laid I can zero the drone pro to it

So looking for good value ( dare I say it cheap....ish)

????

Paul

i dont know about cheap, message fizzbangwhallop on here he helped me when i asked the same question, but ive got to wait till xmas for the drone or thermal...

Morning all....... I use Recknagel polyform lever QR rings which have proved to be consistent. Bought from Alan Rhone's.......well made, good choice of heights, excellent customer service and next day delivery. Looks like I paid £106.99 in March with £1.99 postage. The alternative to the poly form lever is a tri-sided nut and they include a small wrench to fit but the poly form is easily up to the job.

http://www.alanrhone.com/products-recknagel.html

They can also knock you up a custom rail to fit your rifle/eye-relief if required... my Tikka 595 (and, I'm pretty sure, T3's) need a 10mm high rail to allow the bolt handle to clear the mounting nuts on the Drone.... I initially tried a TET one but couldn't get Drone back enough, although it was mentioned the other day that TET, now aka Tier1, are going to be making rails with a longer back section to suit the Drone. I ended up with a reversed Evolution Gun Works rail bought from kinneysshootingsupplies.com... along with some DI Products bits for my Finnfire .22 - (Kinneys site won't load up on my Virgin Media broadband.... arse! :mad: )

The EGW rail comes with 4 same length screws and the holes are countersunk to different depths to allow for the different depth of holes in the action.. as reversing it meant that the 2 rear ones were in the action by a gnats wotsit I emailed EGW and they kindly sent me some longer ones... Result and excellent customer service!! NB The screw thread is a 6x48 UNS in the 595

's me

cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Cheers lads

I have got the drone fitted and all problems regarding bolt clearance

etc sorted

I decided that although drones a good pic I prefer conventional for load development

I can get a good accurate load old fashioned way the. Zero drone to it when have the load

When comes to new batches etc

Looking at fox firearms scope .... Cheap but good reviews and only needed for new batches

Paul

• 1 month later...

Archived